Boiler Attendant (ATS)
- Job Description Boiler attendant safely operates and manages boilers economically at power plants, engines and mechanical rooms. Diagnoses faults of the boiler and repairs using all safety precautionary measures.
- Last Revised
- SectorChemicals & Petrochemicals
- NSQF LevelLevel 5
- Notional Hours3120
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
BOILER ATTENDANT has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
- Boiler, Attendant
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, NAC holder trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
- Only those candidates will be allowed to appear in the Test conducted by NCVT as Private candidate who have already acquired the National Trade Certificate.
- Three (03) years experience of the candidates wishing to appear as Private candidate after obtaining NTC should be in the same trade in which he proposed to acquire the National Apprenticeship Certificate.
- Private candidates possessing the minimum educational qualification required for engagement as an apprentice in that particular trade and the minimum experience as stated above would only be permitted.
- Candidates are to be sponsored by an establishment and should not be entertained directly.
- Only, the experience acquired by the candidate in an establishment implementing the Apprentices Act, 1961 should be considered and such certificate should be issued by the Officer In-charge of Training of that establishment.
- Qualification File QF_ATS_Boiler Attendant.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Practice and understand precautions to be followed while working in shop.. 25 5 Prepare different types of documentation as per industrial need by different methods of recording information. 50 5 Service all types of pump and its accessories by using servicing equipments. 250 5 Operate and maintained all types of pumps used in boilers house. 150 5 Operate and maintained all types fans and blowers. 75 5 Operates and maintained the fuel (i.e. Coal /Oil/Gas) feeding mechanism . 50 5 Operate and maintained the ash disposal plant, pumps, hydrovactors, hydro ejectors, clinker grinder and submerged type ash plants 50 5 Read, operate and control normal level in Boilers, the gauge glass etc. 25 5 Operates, Control and maintained the super heater and re-heater. of superheat and reheat temperature. 75 5 Controls the steam pressure reducing station for auxiliary steam supply for oil heater, dearator pagging and process steam, if any. 75 5 Operates and maintained the water softener and coal handling equipments. 100 5 Correct use of various types of cocks, mounting and accessories used on boilers. . 100 5 Operates boiler and its other operations.. 100 5 operate the boiler feed pumps with safety. 100 5 Check and test Boiler water in chemical laboratory. 100 5 Conditioned the steam and condensate cycle. 75 5 Periodically inspect , service ant test the boilers. 75 5 Check calibrate the all types of gauges. 50 5 Total (Block-I) 1560 5 Prime the boiler with safety– 75 5 Replace of gauge glass as per Procedure . 75 5 Adjust the safety valves for correct blowing with the safety. 75 5 Procedure to be adopted in putting as economiser into commission and also in putting it out of commission when boiler is on steam. 75 5 Checked and renewed of gland packing’s of pump and valves. 100 5 Repair broken gear teeth by pigging and dovetailing. 100 5 Checked and adjust boiler mountings. 100 5 Operates and maintained and service of easing a safety valve,blow down cock , fusible plug.. 100 5 service of spark ignitors and oil sumps for oil torches. 125 5 Servics of economiser by using appropriate appliances 115 5 Operates and maintained and service of multicome dust collectors and electrostatic precipitators if available. 90 5 operate boilers in Emergency in the event of : a) Loss of fire b) failure of one F.D. Fan. c) Failure of one I.D. Fan d) Failure of one air pre-heater e) Fire in coal mill . f) Fire in air pre-heater g) Boiler tube failure h) Failure of economise 115 5 Operates , maintained and service Soot blowing and boiler furnace during operation. 115 5 Explain Importance of Draft temperature readings at special loads. Interpretation of deviation from standard reading for identical loads. 100 Maintain Entries and upkeep of log sheet, trouble log, etc. 100 Operate and maintain of modern package type and automatic boilers.. 100 Total (Block-II) 1560 Basic Training, internal assessment and Examination 1000 Total 4120
- Formal structure of the qualification