Mechanic Motor Vehicle (MMV) (CTS)
- Job Description Installs, tests, maintains, repairs and replaces electrical Power distribution/power line equipments and fittings in factories, workshops, power house, business and residential premises etc. Manipulates controls to adjust and activate those equipments. Monitors and records control board/room readings, examines faults in control room and repairs substation equipments and panels to ensure proper operational efficiency.
- Last Revised
- NSQF LevelLevel 5
- Notional Hours4160
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
Mechanic Motor Vehicle (MMV) has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
- Motor Vehicle Mechanics, Other
- Mechanic, Automobile
- Maintenance Technician – Service
- Auto Service Technician – Mechanic
- Fitter Automobile
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Mechanic Motor Vehicle (MMV) trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant year and Trade directly.
- Qualification File QF_CTS_MMV_NSQF-5.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level First Year 120 4 Apply safe working practices. 160 4 Check & perform Measuring & marking by using various Measuring & Marking tools(Vernier Calliper, Micrometer, Telescope gauges, Dial bore gauges, Dial indicators, straightedge, feeler gauge, thread pitch gauge, vacuum gauge, tire pressure gauge) 120 4 Plan & perform basic fastening & fitting operation by using correct hand tools, Machine tools & equipments. 360 5 Trace and Test all Electrical & Electronic components & circuits and assemble circuit to ensure functionality of system. 160 5 Join components by using Arc & Gas welding. 120 5 Check & Interpret Vehicle Specification data and VIN & Select & operate various Service Station Equipments. 160 5 Dismantle & assemble of Engine from vehicle (LMV/HMV) along with other accessories. 80 5 Overhaul Engine and check functionality. 160 5 Trace, Test & Repair Cooling and Lubrication System of engine. 120 5 Trace & Test Intake and Exhaust system of engine. 40 5 Service Fuel System and check proper functionality. 120 5 Test Engine Performance and set idling speed. 80 5 Monitor emission of vehicle and execute different operation to obtain optimum pollution as per emission norms. 80 5 Carryout overhauling of Alternator and Starter Motor. 40 5 Diagnose & rectify the defects in LMV/HMV to ensure functionality of vehicle. Second Year 120 5 Plan & perform maintenance, diagnosis and servicing of transmission system. 280 5 Plan & perform maintenance, diagnosis and servicing of Vehicle Control System 280 5 Troubleshoot vehicle Engine components and ascertain repair 160 5 Plan & service Electronic Control Unit and check functionality. 160 5 Diagnose & rectify the defects in vehicle to ensure functionality of vehicle. 120 4 Carryout overhauling of charging system. 160 5 Carryout overhauling of starting system. 120 5 Troubleshoot electrical components of vehicle and ascertain repair. 80 5 Overhaul, service and testing Vehicle Air Conditioning system, its parts and check functionality. 120 5 Drive vehicle following Traffic Regulations and maintenance of good road conduct 720 5 Revision, Project work and Examination 4160 5 Total
- Formal structure of the qualification