Stone Processing Machine Operator (CTS)
- Job DescriptionStone Processing Machine Operator cuts stones or rock faces in mine with machine or hand tools and operates machine in which lumps of stone are crushed to reduce them to desired size. Starts machine and regulates flow of stones from conveyor chutes or bins, shovels or throws stones into hopper of machine; prods large sized stone pieces to force them between crusher jaws with bar; breaks oversize stones with hand hammer; loosens clogged material in machine with bar
- Last Revised
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours2080
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
Stone Processing Machine Operator has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
- 8111.1200 – Stone Cutter, Mines
- 8111.1400 – Mine Cutting and Channelling Machine Operator
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Stone Processing Machine Operator’ trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File QF_Stone Processing Machine Operator_CTS_NSQF-4.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Identify various types of stones, their commercial varieties and different types of textures in stones. 40 4 Find characteristics of stones, their properties, testing procedures and identify various types of hand tools used in stone processing. 80 4 Perform simple fitting operations by using various hand tools and marking/ measuring instruments 80 4 Prepare electrical wire joints viz., Britannia, straight tee, western union etc. and use electrical measuring instruments & electrician hand tools 200 4 Carry out Petrographic analysis of concrete and Physico-Mechanical test on stones for checking compressive strength, impact strength, density, etc. 160 4 Diagnose & rectify the defects in stone and stone masonry by fixing with cement and lime concrete 80 4 Perform Dressing, Cutting, Polishing, Chamfering, Grooving and Loading / Unloading of blocks etc. 280 4 Perform operation and maintenance of various stone processing machines viz., Circular saw, Multiblade block cutter, Gang saw machine, Polishing machine, Calibrating machine, Edge cutting machine slicing machine, Hydraulic mono blade dresser, etc. with due 500 4 Carry out stone polishing using abrasives for quality finishing on marble. 340 4 Revision, Project work and Examination 320 4 Total 2080