Rubber Technician (CTS)
- Job DescriptionRubber Technician co-ordinates with team members and assists the operators/supervisors to carry out various activities as per the set industry standards. Operates suitable machine to convert rubber into rubber sheets by rolling process and if necessary, makes suitable adjustments; operates machine in which compounded rubber is extruded through heated die fixed to machine head to form continuous shaped strip to get specified profile
- SectorRubber Industry
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours2080
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
Rubber Technician has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
- Pre and Post Calendering Operator
- Extruding Machine Operator (Rubber)
- Calender Machine Operator
- Junior Rubber Technician/Technical Assistant
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Progression Pathway
- Can join the apprenticeship program in different types of industries leading to a National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC).
- Can join Crafts Instructor Training Scheme (CITS) in the trade for becoming an instructor in ITIs.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Rubber Technician’ trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File QF_Rubber Technician_CTS_NSQF-4.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Apply safe working practices. Comply with environment regulation and housekeeping. 40 4 Observe the safety rules in the shop floor and carry out the firefighting equipment during emergencies. 40 4 Identify the rubber plantation to understand the process of Sheet making, Testing of Field Latex for Dry rubber content and total solids 120 4 Explain the basic principal of centrifuging and centrifuging, Creaming of Field Latex by addition of creaming agents and DRC determination of Cream latex 80 4 Apply method of preparation of Sheet Rubber from various collection of Latex, Dilution, Coagulation, Sheeting and Drying, Grading of Sheet Rubber. 80 4 Explain the process Testing of TSR for the specification parameters like Dirt content, volatile matter, ash, nitrogen, plasticity (P0), Plasticity Retention Index (PRI). 120 4 Care and maintenance of tools equipments and machines observing safety precautions. 40 4 Identify, operate, troubleshoot & maintain of different equipment used in rubber industry. 40 4 Identify the manufactures of Synthetic rubbers/special rubber in India and overseas. 120 4 Plan and execute mixing techniques including sequence of mixing and observe he changes and find out the plasticity of this samples and prepare of rubber filler mix. 40 4 Identify collect different types of reclaimed rubber and method to reclaim waste rubber products by powdering and heating. 80 4 Familiar with Mix full rubber compounding Ingredients. Determine the cure time of different rubber compounds containing different cure systems on a Rheometer and cure behaviour of the compound from the Rheograph. 80 4 Prepare of Blends of rubbers like NR/SBR, NR/PB etc. 80 4 Identify, operate, troubleshoot & maintain of different equipment used in rubber industry. 40 4 Prepare coagulants. Dipping the former in the latex compound for the required thickness. Drying. 40 4 Prepare various dipped product by using Typical Compound formulation for important dipped goods. 120 4 Prepare moulds using plaster of Paris. Compounding and molding process, finishing. 80 4 Prepare Latex foam compounding, frothing on the Hobart Mixer, transfer into the heated moulds, vulcanization, Washing and drying. 80 4 Prepare maintenance protocol for the product manufacturing machines observing safety aspect. 80 4 Prepare Tyre tread compounds using the blends. 80 4 Mix proper compounds and prepare the products viz. Micro cellular rubber, Mat, extruded beading, handmade hoses, paper weight, washers and Injection bottle caps, Gaskets and seals. 120 4 Prepare various gloves and test its properties and quality. 40 4 Carry out testing for Abrasion resistance, Hardness, Swelling index, Compression resistance. Heat build up and flexing. 120 4 Revision, Project work and Examination 320 Total 2080
- Formal structure of the qualification