Mechanic Mining Machinery (CTS)
- Job DescriptionMechanic Mining Machinery services and overhauls drilling, scraping, cutting, winding, hoisting and other mining machinery for correct performance. Examines faulty equipment to ascertain nature and location of defects. Dismantles equipment partly or completely to remove damaged and worn out parts, repairs parts, assembles parts, tests reassembled equipment and makes necessary adjustments for optimum performance. Checks, adjusts and lubricates equipment periodically to keep equipment in good working order.
- Originally Approved
- Last Revised
- NSQF LevelLevel 5
- Notional Hours4160
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
Mechanic Mining Machinery has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
- Mechanic Mining Machinery
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Progression Pathway
- Can join Apprenticeship programme in different types of industries leading to a National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC).
- Can join Crafts Instructor Training Scheme (CITS) in the trade for becoming an instructor in ITIs.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Mechanic Mining Machinery’ can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File QF_Mechanic Mining Machinery_CTS_NSQF-5.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Plan and organize the work to make job as per specification applying different types of basic fitting operation and Check for dimensional accuracy. [Basic fitting operation – marking, Hack-sawing, Chiseling, Filing, Drilling, Taping and Grinding etc. Accu 150 4 Make simple sheet metal items as per drawing and join them by soldering, brazing and riveting 360 4 Make simple forge items as per drawing. 40 4 Set the different parameters to produce components involving basic operations on different machine observing standard procedure and check for accuracy. [Different machines – Shaper & Lathe, Different machining parameters – feed, speed & depth of cut.] 240 5 Plan & perform simple repair, overhauling of different pumps and compressors and check for functionality. 180 5 Dismantle & assemble of Engine from vehicle along with other accessories. 110 5 Identify and explain basic functioning of different electrical equipment, sensors and apply such knowledge in industrial application including basic maintenance work 180 5 Overhaul Engine and other parts and check functionality 280 5 Trace and Test all Electrical & Electronic components & circuits and assemble circuit to ensure functionality of system. 40 5 Diagnose & rectify the defects in vehicle to ensure functionality of vehicle 150 5 Carryout overhauling of Alternator and Starter Motor 150 5 Identify, dismantle, replace and assemble different pneumatics and hydraulics components. [Different components – Compressor, Pressure Gauge, Filter Regulator Lubricator, Valves and Actuators.] 40 5 Construct circuit of pneumatics and hydraulics observing standard operating procedure& safety aspect 110 5 Conduct preventive maintenance, perform dismantling and assembly of different components machine and test for accuracy of rotor, crawler etc 110 5 Dismantle, Repair and Assemble of mechanical power transmission elements in machine tools and check for functionality 150 5 Conduct preventive maintenance, perform dismantling & assembly of different components of machine and test for accuracy 180 5 Plan, Execute commissioning and evaluate performance of AC & DC machines 180 5 Conduct preventive maintenance, perform dismantling & assembly of different components and test for accuracy to carryout advance lathe operation. [Different components- head stock apron, saddle, tool post tail stock; Different advance lathe operation – ta 140 5 Plan, dismantle, repair and assemble different damaged mechanical components used for power transmission & check functionality. 80 5 Plan & perform basic day to day preventive maintenance, repairing and check functionality. 80 5 Troubleshoot & Overhaul of pumps, fans, blowers & compressors and perform preventive maintenance 110 5 Identify fault carryout maintenance work and break down of different machineries/ equipments viz. drilling, loaders, dozers, shovels, dumper etc, in the shop floor, using appropriate tools &equipments to ensure its functionality 150 5 Plan, execute testing, evaluate performance and carry out maintenance of cable system , measurement of insulation resistance 150 5 Revision, Project Work and Examination 800 Total 4160