Hair and Skin Care (V.I and O.D) (CTS)
- Job DescriptionThe visually impaired & other disabled learner can become beautician, hair dresser, makeup artist, manicurist, pedicurist & hair stylist who needs to work under close supervision of the supervisor. They are able to provide the basic services like draping saree in different styles, manicure, pedicure, facial treatments, haircuts, hair styles, hair coloring, straightening, rebounding & other hair & skin treatments for common hair/skin problems. They may also demonstrate basic yogic exercises for stamina building and correcting body posture.
- Originally Approved
- Last Revised
- SectorBeauty & Wellness
- NSQF LevelLevel 3
- Notional Hours2080
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
On successful completion of this course the candidates shall be gainfully employed as:
- Hair Dresser (Ladies)
- Hair Stylist
- Assistant - Beautician
- Pedicurist and Manicurist
- Skin care specialist
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Progression Pathway
- Successful candidates will be able to work as beautician, Hair dresser, Makeup Artist, Manicurist, Pedicurist and hair stylist.
- Can join Apprenticeship programs in different types of industries leading to a National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC).
- Can join Crafts Instructor Training Scheme (CITS) in the trade for becoming an instructor in ITIs.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Hair & Skin Care’ trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File QF_Hair _ Skin Care (VI)_CTS_NSQF-3.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Comply with environment regulation and housekeeping and Orientation 40 3 Develop good appearance and behavior, perform tasks as per industry standard and express good communication skill. 40 3 Prepare and maintain work area and maintain health and safety at the work place. 80 3 Carry out epilation and depilation services. Illustrate and explain hair structure & hair growth cycle. 160 3 Carry out manicure and pedicure services. Explain anatomy of nail. Differentiate between and identify nail disease nail disorders. 80 3 Carry out facial treatments for common skin problems. Illustrate and explain skin structure. 120 3 Carry out hair treatment for common hair problems. Illustrate and explain structure of hair. 120 3 Create basic haircuts using special cutting techniques. 120 3 Demonstrate basic yogic exercises for stamina building and correcting body posture 120 3 Demonstrate asana for spine stretching, stress management & common body ailments 80 3 Demonstrate day, evening, party, bridal & corrective makeup and explain effects of light on makeup and basic facial shapes. 200 3 Create traditional hair styles & hair designing with artificial aids and thermal gadgets and wet styling technique. 200 3 Demonstrate hair coloring, perming, straightening, rebounding and smoothening and explain the knowledge of bonds. 320 3 Create bindi, henna & tattoo designing, drape saree in different styles. 80 3 Revision, Project work and Examination 280 3 Total 2080