Bamboo Works (CTS)
- Job DescriptionThe person makes bamboo items such as mats, furniture, gifts, stationary items & jewellery etc. He makes mats of seasoned and coloured bamboo strips according to pattern or design. He makes bamboo furniture by sizing and dressing bamboo pieces, drilling holes, building frames and body with strengthening pieces; performs on various machineries used in Bamboo Technology; seasons the bamboos for making various bamboo products; creates & designs innovative gift/stationary items using AutoCad Software & free hand drawing.
- SectorHandicrafts & Carpets
- NSQF LevelLevel 3
- Notional Hours2080
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
On successful completion of this course the candidates shall be gainfully employed as:
- Mat Weaver, Bamboo
- Furniture Maker, Bamboo
- Basket Maker
- Chick Maker
- Khas Thatti Maker
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Progression Pathway
- Can join Apprenticeship programs in different types of industries leading to a National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC).
- Can join industries related to Bamboo works.
- Can become an entrepreneur.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Bamboo Works ’ trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File QF_Bamboo Works_CTS_NSQF-3.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Comply with environment regulation and housekeeping and orientation 40 3 Identify bamboo items, safety tools & explain various Bamboo resource generation techniques. 40 3 Identify and operate various hand tools used in Bamboo Technology. 80 3 Identify, plan & apply preservatives, dyes, smoke treatment & chemical treatment process to preserve bamboo items. 40 3 Operate various bamboo processing machineries and carry out their maintenance. 200 3 Operate Glue Mixing machine & weaving machine for fixing different parts of bamboo products. 80 3 Bend bamboo strips, Slivers & bamboo pole using blow lamp. 40 3 Troubleshoot & perform maintenance procedure of different machines used in Bamboo works. 80 3 Carry out different process of seasoning of bamboos &various propagation methods. 240 3 Identify &select appropriate bamboo species for different industrial Handicraft products. 80 3 Design various gift items, stationery Item by free hand drawing 40 3 Identify different computer parts; boot & operate basic functions of computer 40 3 Install & utilize AutoCAD software to prepare different shapes and design of the products 80 3 Make various decorative products by designing innovative gift items, stationary items models/ prototype 40 3 Select &apply different process of bending & joints in different sections like furniture, handicraft & housing etc. 320 3 Apply different techniques and process of making various kinds of bamboo furniture 120 3 Use Jigs & fixture to make uniform size & reduce production cost 40 3 Identify finishing materials & apply different methods of finishing of bamboo products. 40 3 Identify quality products as per market demand for production as per requirement and estimate the cost 80 3 Revision, Project work and Examination 360 3 Total 2080