Travel and Tour Assistant (CTS)
- Job DescriptionTravel & Tour Assistant accompanies individuals or groups on trips, tours and excursions to the places of interest such as historical sites, industrial establishments and theme parks. Responsibilities are to plan travels, provide related information and arrange accommodation, for tourists, officials, businessmen, educational or other parties.
- SectorTourism & Hospitality
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours2080
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
Travel & Tour Assistant has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
- Travel Agent
- Tourist Guide
- Guides, Other
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Progression Pathway
Can join Apprenticeship programs in different types of industries leading to a National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC).
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Travel & Tour Assistant’ trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File QF_Travel _ Tour Assistant_CTS_NSQF-4.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Perform duties and responsibilities of Travel & Tour service personnel. 80 4 Work with different hotels & Travel agencies at different tourist Zones in National & International levels. 80 4 Communicate with the guests; collect information on tourist places, different types of accommodation & different modes of Transport available for the tourists 160 4 Exhibit right attitude, politeness & body language during interaction with the guest 80 4 Arrange & setup linkages with hotels, transport agencies & other segments of tourism Industries 80 4 Collect information from the concerned tourism authorities and perform travel formalities 160 4 Plan and arrange Tour programmes 120 4 Promote Tourism in India 80 4 Collect information regarding heritage, classical, religious & other attractive tourism resources & facilities available for tourists 280 4 Prepare calendars, maps etc. on tourism festivals, Museum & art galleries, Important Tourism circuits etc. by collecting information 200 4 Promote tourism marketing and sales activities by applying STP (Segmentation, Targeting & Positioning). 80 4 Manage travel office, sell the packages by explaining the features & facilities. 40 4 Plan tour programmes using costing concept, software packages, websites related to the tourism. 40 4 Handle different safety equipment, Identify different sources of accidents & take necessary precautions on tour. 40 4 Revision, Project work and Examination 240 4 Total 2080