Tourist Guide (CTS)
- Job DescriptionThe Tourist Guide carries out survey of places of tourist interest & understands packages/ offers to promote tourism; Collects information, identifies different categories of accommodation available in the city and different modes of transport available for the tourists; Knows the procedure for bookings, cancellation, changing of tickets & concession given in Railways. Plans and prepares the advertisements for newspapers, magazines etc and makes broachers for tourist office, hotels, etc. for tour promotion.
- SectorTourism & Hospitality
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours2080
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
Tourist Guide has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Progression Pathway
Can join Apprenticeship programs in different types of industries leading to a National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC).
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Tourist Guide’ trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File QF_Tourist Guide_CTS_NSQF-4.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Apprise with the Tourism industry. 80 4 Assess the types of tourists visiting different places and ascertain their needs 80 4 Motivate tourists visiting different places and promote tourism. Identify different categories of accommodation available in the city and different modes of transport available for the tourists. 80 4 Prepare a project report on travel destinations covering history. 80 4 Interact with different transportation agencies like airline, Railways, taxies etc. to find out their routes, timings of flights and Trains, The fares of different classes of airlines, trains & rental taxis including Radio cabs 80 4 Plan the inbound and out bound Tour programmer for Indian Nationals in India 80 4 Plan tour programme for inbound and out bound foreign nationals taking into consideration factors such as (food habit, sensitivity, interpreter, caterer etc.) 80 4 Appraise the procedure for bookings, cancellation, changing of tickets & concession given in Railways 80 4 Apprise with the bookings, cancellations and changing of air tickets & the concessions given 120 3 Carryout the registration procedure of different types of vehicles, the formalities involved etc. 80 4 Prepare handouts on present & future tourism zones as specified by WTO, IATA, Geography, PATA areas 120 4 Carryout survey of tourists at a tourist place to prepare their profile and arrange site-seeing tours to local boys and girls to a tourist place. 120 4 Plan and prepare the advertisements for newspapers, magazines etc and make broachers for tourist office, hotels, etc. for tour promotion of tourist activities 40 4 Prepare MS-office files and other packages related with tourism. 80 4 Handle CRS, typing letters, fax messages, mail merging, sending fax and e-mail. 80 4 Prepare simple profit and loss account and balance sheet using an accounting package, mailing list of customers along with Storing and retrieving information of customer& 20 4 039;s creating and using a database packages 20 4 Draw charts on tourism systems interrelating tourism market, transportation, destination and marketing in the context of India& 80 4 039;s popular tourism states 780 4 Revision, Project work and Examination 2080 Total