Catering and Hospitality Assistant (CTS)
- Job DescriptionCatering & Hospitality Assistant plans, organizes, co-ordinates and controls operations of the organization or establishment and is engaged in serving food, drinks and beverages and providing lodging and camping facilities to public maintaining hygiene and cleanliness.
- SectorTourism & Hospitality
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours2080
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
Catering & Hospitality Assistant has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
- Working Proprietor, Lodging and Catering Services
- Steward, Hotel Steward
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Progression Pathway
Can join Apprenticeship programs in different types of industries leading to a National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC).
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Catering & Hospitality Assistant’ trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File QF_Catering _ Hospitality Assistant_CTS_NSQF-4.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Explain different types of outlets and types of meals used in industry 40 4 Adopt different profiles, Dress Codes and Attributes of a Waiter. 40 4 Identify equipment, glassware table ware, cutlery and crockery, other equipments 40 4 Identify various Ancillary sections 40 4 Carryout Institute, House Keeping, Institutional Culture and Ability. Personal development; personality, leadership, communication. Familiarize with the institutional Housekeeping and its importance. Type of work done in this field and tools and 80 4 Carryout Housekeeping effectively in a Hotel 40 4 Carryout housekeeping and staffing operations in Hotels: Small/Medium/Large 40 4 Use of Cleaning Agents for Various Surfaces 40 4 Clean by using various Brooms/Brushes/Vacuum Cleaner etc. 40 4 Clean equipments by using various detergents and cleaning equipments 40 4 Maintain cleaning schedule 40 4 Make beds ready for the guest and clean / Maintain guest rooms. Maintain indoor plants and flower arrangements. Make simple flower arrangement, spray plants, care-water, and exposure to sun, manuring and placement.& 80 4 039; 40 4 Use various modern cookery levels of skill, attitude and behaviour in the Kitchen. 40 4 Carryout various staffing operations in hotels 40 4 Use of Kitchen Equipment, Tools Utensils and Cleaning. LPG Stove/Cooking range, Operation of oven set the temperature as per requirement, Electric Toaster, Mixer/Grinder Care and Cleaning or Mixer Grinder, Food Processor and Water Purifiers e 80 4 Use methods of cooking food and various preparations of ingredients 40 4 Identify, classify various cuts of vegetable, fruits and preparation of eggs in various methods (Poach, Boil, Fried, and Scramble 60 4 Plan Menu following origin of Menus etc. 60 4 Plan, Lay and relay Table Covers, A la carte cover etc. Plan and set up Buffet etc. 80 4 Take Guest order, handling guest complaints and grievances 80 4 Serve English breakfast. 60 4 Familiarize with Guest room Supplies and Amenities. Drawing and Familiarize with formats of Lost and Found Familiarization with types of keys (Computerized etc.) 80 4 Use of Insecticide/Pesticide for Control of Pests in the Institute. 80 4 Maintenance of indoor plants and flower arrangements. Make simple flower arrangement, spray plants, care- water, and exposure to sun, maturing and placement 60 4 Operate Internet, understand networking concept, LAN/ WAN, E-mails, etc. 80 4 Communicate clearly with smile avoiding jargon and slang, greeting early asking permission to hold respecting customer on hold, explaining transferring, offering service, building relationship by personal preference. 80 4 Prepare Mother Sauces and 2-3 Derivations of each. 40 4 Prepare various alcoholic, nonalcoholic beverages, Mocktails and Cocktails. 40 4 Work in different industries such as hotels, banquets etc. 160 4 Revision, Project work and Examination 320 4 Total 2080