- Job DescriptionThe person knows about importance of different elements of weather and climate of agriculture. He/she is responsible for cultivation of vegetables & spices; flowers, climbers, foliages & other crops; management of potted plants; layout of plots and gardens; pest management; inventory control & maintenance of records
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours2080
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
Horticulture has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
- Gardener, General
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Progression Pathway
- Can join Apprenticeship programme in different types of industries leading to National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC).
- Can join as Horticultural consultants, Horticultural technician, Plant Care Worker, Nursery Staffer, Pest Management, Horticultural Inspector, Gardener, General, Nurseryman, Planter.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Horticulture’ trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File QF_Horticulture_CTS_NSQF-4.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Identify metrological instruments and understand the diversity within the profession of horticulture 120 4 Plan and prepare Life cycles of plants, scope of horticulture and introduction to fruits, flowers & vegetables 40 4 Identify fruits and vegetables. 40 4 Install Agro-meteorology instruments, analyze metrological data and record the data. 120 4 Identify, select and maintain different farm power machinery 80 4 Measure physical and chemical properties of soil, soil pH, different methods and ingredient use for correction of Acid soil. 80 4 Plan, install different irrigation systems. Water lifting systems and assessment of water quality. Perform different methods of irrigation 40 4 Identify different types of soil, methods of soil sampling and collection, study on soil physical characters, Interpret soil test reports, different soil correction methods 40 4 Analyze Soil water holding capacity, Different methods and ingredient used for correction of Saline soil. Field visit for identification of soil problems. 40 4 Plan and execute different soil correction method through drainage and agronomic practices. 40 4 Measure Soil fertility and apply soil fertility management for improvement of fertility of soil 40 4 Apply integrated nutrient Management system (INMS) in the field 40 4 Identify, prepare and apply Bio-fertilizers. 80 4 Identify the role of major and minor plant nutrients and its deficiency symptoms 40 4 Produce different types of fruits, vegetables and flowers as per the requirements 40 4 Develop the Cultivation techniques and methods of different fruit crops & vegetables 80 4 Plan and execute different garden layouts and design 80 4 Identify and select different Vegetative propagation method & use of plant hormones 40 4 Perform propagation techniques of cutting, grafting, budding and layering 40 4 Develop the skill for Vegetable and fruit processing and its preservation. Techniques on preparation of jam, jelly, squash, sauce, pickle, ketchup etc. its preservation and storage 40 4 Develop the Cultivation technique of different vegetables and spice crops 80 4 Perform on Floriculture and cultivation technique of different Flowers, Climbers, Foliages and Medicinal plants and decorate 160 4 Perform Cultivation techniques of Betel Vine and Mushroom farming 80 4 Identify Pest Management Practice and control of Pest and Diseases of Horticultural Crops. 80 4 Identify and select Techniques on Seed Production, Processing and Packaging. 80 4 Maintain the record viz. Inventory Control, Maintenance of Records and Store management 40 4 Develop the method of Market study, Survey and Legal requirement for Trading for the development of entrepreneurship 40 4 Revision, Project work and Examination 360 4 Total 2080
- Formal structure of the qualification