Floriculture and Landscaping (CTS)
- Job DescriptionThe Individual knows about agro-meteorology, soil management & its conservation; performs simple and tongue layering, ground layering, air layering or goo tee; prepares ground and beds for planting specific flower crops; decides layout of plots and gardens, plans for home gardens, landscape gardens; prepares and executes landscape plants maintenance of gardens and lawns. Responsible for floral arrangement; preparation of floral ornaments bouquets etc; preparation of bottle gardens, terrarium etc.
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours2080
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
Floriculture & Landscaping has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
- Floral Designer
- Floriculturist- (Open Cultivation)
- Floriculturist- (Protected Cultivation)
- Seed Grower/Quality Seed Grower
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Progression Pathway
- Can join Apprenticeship programs in different types of industries leading to a National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC).
- Can join as floral designer, Floral sales representative, General Manager (Plantation) , General Manager, (Agricultural Farm)
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Floriculture & Landscaping’ trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File QF_Floriculture _ Landscaping_CTS_NSQF-4.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Identify metrological instruments and understand the diversity within the profession of Floriculture 160 4 Identify Plant morphology, different plant varieties and plant families 80 4 Identify different Soil types, Methods of soil sampling and collection, detection on physical and chemical properties of soil, Interpret soil test reports for proper rectification 120 4 Measure Soil fertility and apply soil fertility management for improvement of fertility of soil 100 4 Apply integrated nutrient Management system (INMS) in the field. 100 4 Identify and select different propagation methods, Handling of seed, bulbs, cut flowers, Nursery plants, pot plants. 200 4 Identify and apply method of vegetative propagation and its management. 120 4 Identify Commercial Flowers and their packaging 320 4 Identify the diseases and apply the pesticide as per requirement 160 4 Plan and execute Survey for landscaping and various types of indoor gardening 280 4 Carry out Protected cultivation of flower 40 4 Revision, Project work and Examination 400 4 Total 2080