Weaving Technician (CTS)
- Job DescriptionWeaving Technician organizes, controls and supervises weaving of clothes, calendaring and process preparatory to weaving such as winding, warping, sizing, etc. Weaves cloth from yarn on handloom or power loom, operates card cutting machine etc. Starts and Watches looms under his charge for defects in weaving.
- Originally Approved
- Last Revised
- SectorTextile & Handloom
- NSQF LevelLevel 5
- Notional Hours4160
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
Weaving Technician has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
- Weaving Master
- Weaver, Handloom
- Weaver Power Loom
- Card Cutter
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Progression Pathway
- Can take admission in the diploma course in notified branches of Engineering by lateral entry.
- Can join Apprenticeship programs in different types of industries leading to a National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC).
- Can join Crafts Instructor Training Scheme (CITS) in the trade for becoming an instructor in ITIs
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Weaving Technician’ can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File QF_Weaving Technician_CTS_NSQF-5.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Annexure 3_Format for EOI for AA Accreditation from TSC
- Annexure 4_Protocol for Accreditation of Assessment Agencies and Assessment Framework
- Annexure 4_Protocol for Accreditation of Assessment Agencies
- Annexure 5_industry validation report
- Annexure 5_skill gap report for textile sector_2008-2022
- Annexure 6_skill gap report for textile sector_2008-2022
- Career Progression
- Career Progression_Textile Industry
- Industry validation summary sheet
- Occupational Mapping Handloom
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Plan and organize the work to make job as per specification applying different types of basic fitting operations and Check for dimensional accuracy. [Basic fitting operations – marking, Hack-sawing, punching, Chiselling, Filing, Drilling, Grinding and job 320 5 Plan and organize the work to make job on facing, chamfering, plain Turing, taper turning and simple thread 160 5 Plan and identify different types of skill related to sheet metal work and on various types of welding practices like square butt joint, single V butt joint, arc welding and gas welding 80 5 Apply a range of skill to execute different carpentry work 80 5 Plan, identify and test on electrical /electronic measuring instruments 240 5 Identify types of operation, test different textile machineries used in industries with the raw materials 160 5 Perform various Weaving preparatory processes using Important machine settings, adjustments; material flow, Calculating Production, Efficiency, important parameters of various machines and their Maintenance 840 5 Identify different types of Sizing machines, their parts, functions and their maintenance schedule 200 5 Identify & apply sizing ingredients, formulation of recipe for cotton yarn, Determine Sizing Cost and check Production and Efficiency of sizing machine 40 5 Identify types of reed & heald wire and their use. Prepare Point Paper for basic and modified weave types with design, draft & peg plan. 160 5 Check Quality parameters of defective yarn samples, End break study in looms 200 5 Identify various weaving loom, their classification and Perform primary, secondary & auxiliary motion of loom using weaving machines 40 4 Calculate loom constant, Production and efficiency Timing Diagram, Fabric quality parameters. 280 5 Identify, check the functions of dobby. 80 5 Identify, execute the operation of Jacquard loom 40 5 Analyze and operate drop box loom 80 5 Identify different path and functions, types of Projectile loom and operate the same. 160 5 Identify different path and functions, types of Rapier loom and operate the same 240 5 Identify & apply QA system in textile industry. 200 5 Revision, Project work and examination 240 5 Total 40 5 640 4160