Textile Mechatronics (CTS)
- Job DescriptionTextile Mechatronics technicians will usually assist design, development and engineering staff as well as working closely with other trades persons to install, maintain, modify and repair Textile Mechatronics systems, equipment and component parts. Build automated systems for Textile industry. It involves mechanics, electrical-electronics, hydraulics, pneumatics and computer technology
- SectorTextile & Handloom
- NSQF LevelLevel 5
- Notional Hours4160
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
TEXTILE MECHATRONICS has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
- General Maintenance Fitter - Mechanical
- Automation Specialist
- Fitter-Electrical and Electronic Assembly
- Electronics Mechanic
- Mechanic Precision Instrument,
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Progression Pathway
- Can join Apprenticeship programme in different types of industries leading to National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC).
- Can join Crafts Instructor Training Scheme (CITS) in the trade for becoming instructor in ITIs.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘TEXTILE MECHATRONICS’ can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File QF_Textile Mechatronics_CTS_NSQF-5.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Apply safe working practices 40 4 Select and perform electrical / electronic measurement of single range meter & perform panel wiring using cable, connectors, protective devices and test functionality 120 5 Test & service different cells and construct different electrical sub system and measure parameters and install various control wiring system 200 5 Construct, verify characteristics of electrical and magnetic circuits and measure power and energy with load 80 5 Execute testing, identify terminal and maintenance of alternator, AC Motors, Transformer and Starters. 160 5 Plan and prepare earthing insulation 40 5 Plan and execute electrical illumination system and detect faults in rectifier and service of different domestic and industrial appliances 80 5 Plan and execute soldering and desoldering of various electronic and industrial appliances. 80 5 Construct test and verify the input/output characteristics of various analog and power electronic circuits and analyze the circuit functioning 40 5 Construct a programme and verify different digital logic circuits and timer circuits using 555 IC’s, simple programme on microprocessor and PLC. 40 5 Perform basic workshop operation of different manufacturing sections, methods and identify different components 160 5 Check different electrical wiring & winding methods of different electrical sub system. 200 5 Identify different Hydraulic & pneumatic applications in textile machines 240 5 Identify different motors, sensors and transducers applications in textile. 280 5 Identify different components of yarn preparatory machine for its maintenance 80 5 Check different components of knitting & weaving machine for its maintenance 80 5 Identify different components of Handloom & Power loom Turning for its maintenance 80 5 Check different Pneumatic Automation & control In Textile Machines. 200 5 Simulate electro-pneumatic systems involving pneumatic controls. 280 5 Apply Advanced Automation System in Textile industries 160 5 Identify different HMI panels in textile industries & their applications 320 5 Check different flat /circular knitting machine for maintenance 240 5 Check different production methods, machine maintenance & quality control concepts in Industry 320 5 Project Work/Industrial visit, Revision, Examination 640 5 Total 4160
- Formal structure of the qualification