Spinning Technician (CTS)
- Job DescriptionSpinning Technician tends spinning frame that draws out and twists roving or sliver into yarn, patrols work area and observes spinning to detect nearly exhausted supply packages and breaks in yarn, roving, and sliver. Operates reeling machine for winding yarn from bobbins or cops into coils and monitors machines which prepare fibres and spin, double, twist and wind yarn and thread
- SectorTextile & Handloom
- NSQF LevelLevel 5
- Notional Hours4160
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
Spinning Technician has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
- Doffer, Spinning/Ring Spinning Doffer
- Spinner, Frame (Textile)/Ring Frame Tenter
- Reeler Textile
- Yarn Tester
- Combing Tenter
- Fibre Preparing, Spinning and Winding Machine Operators, Other
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Progression Pathway
- Can take admission in the diploma course in notified branches of Engineering by lateral entry.
- Can join Apprenticeship programs in different types of industries leading to a National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC).
- Can join Crafts Instructor Training Scheme (CITS) in the trade for becoming an instructor in ITIs.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘AOCP’ can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File QF_Spinning Technician_CTS_NSQF-5.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Plan and organize the work to make job as per specification applying different types of basic fitting operations and Check for dimensional accuracy. [Basic fitting operations – marking, Hack-sawing, punching, Chiselling, Filing, Drilling, Grinding and job 320 5 Plan and organize the work to make job on facing, chamfering, plain Turing, taper turning and simple thread 160 5 Plan and identify different types of skill related to sheet metal work and on various types of welding practices like square butt joint, single V butt joint, arc welding and gas welding 80 5 Apply a range of skill to execute different carpentry work. 80 5 Plan, identify and test on electrical /electronic measuring instruments 240 5 Identify the fibre type i.e. natural/synthetic/ regenerated fiber by chemical method, burning method and using microscope 80 5 Maintain the ginning machine, adjust the speed of opening roller and set the important settings in ginning machine 40 5 Maintain the blow room machineries, setting of various parts of the opening roller, cleaning roller and check the speed of the machines in blow room line 120 5 Identify the auxiliary blow room machines 200 5 Identify the motors in blow room line and various switches in blow room panel board 40 5 Identify defects in blow room laps, causes and remedial measures 80 5 Identify various parts of carding machine and know their functions 80 5 Maintain the carding machine and setting of various parts of the carding machine 160 5 Identify and selection of the card clothing based on the type of fiber processed 80 5 Identify, select and troubleshoot the various components in comber preparatory and comber machines 240 5 Set the speed frame machine using proper tools and gauges and maintenance activities in Speed frame machine 240 5 Set the ring frame machine using proper tools and gauges, maintenance and cleaning activities in ring frame machine 240 5 Check and adjust the winding machines using proper tools and gauges 80 5 Maintain the winding machines using proper tools and gauges 80 5 Maintain and Set the splicer .Familiarize and check the functions of splicer. 80 5 Identify and select the functions of Overhead clearer and maintain 80 5 Identify and record the Routine and Preventive Maintenance 80 5 Identify the functions of various parts in rotor spinning machine. Perform the maintenance activities in rotor spinning machine 80 5 Perform the maintenance activities in air spinning machine 40 5 Perform the maintenance activities in DREF spinning machine 40 5 Perform the maintenance activities in TFO 80 5 Perform the maintenance activities in Ring Doublers. 80 5 Record the study of working of reeling and bundling 40 5 Test the different yarn quality and record the data 80 5 Revision, Project work and examination 640 5 Total 4160
- Formal structure of the qualification