Fire Technology and Industrial Safety Management (CTS)
- Job DescriptionFire Technology and Industrial Safety Management inspects different structures to ensure compliance with central/state government laws and with approved plans, specifications and standards, or inspect fire prevention systems and investigate fire sites to determine cause of fire.
- SectorPrivate Security
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours2080
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
Fire Technology and Industrial Safety Management has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
- Fire Fighters
- Fire Inspector
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc
- Progression Pathway
Can join Apprenticeship programme in different types of industries leading to National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC).
Can join Crafts Instructor Training Scheme (CITS) in the trade for becoming instructor in ITIs.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Fire Technology and Industrial Safety Management’ trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly
- Qualification File QF_Fire Tech _ Ind. Safety Mgmt_CTS_NSQF-4.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Apply safe working practices. 40 3 Select suitable chemicals (industrial, inflammable liquid) usable on the workplace 80 4 Identify, select & execute the application of different types of extinguisher, hose & hose fittings 120 4 Select and prepare the hydrant and pump system for proper application 80 4 Plan and execute the concept of hydraulics in work place 40 4 Select and categorize electrical hazard and risk & its mitigation 40 4 Methods of using ladder in practical field 40 3 Select the BA set and its application in appropriate place. 40 4 Identify and use of small and special gears 40 4 Plan and execute elementary treatment at any incidental spot 40 4 Utilization of knots and hitches in different special job and fire 40 4 Plan and execute to up lift various gears with proper techniques. Introduction to Hazard and Risk evaluation & the proper method of rescue & F.F 40 4 Analyze the concept of accident caused and prevention, accident investigation, analysis and safety management 40 4 Select & apply provisions related to safety, health and welfare in respect of Factory Act, 1948 80 4 Assessment of available resources and their proper use 40 4 Interpret appropriate techniques of CPR 40 4 Identify the importance of lighting, ventilation, work related stress and its measurement. 40 3 Plan and execute fixed fire fighting installations for their effective utilization 40 4 Select and use PPE, its care and maintenance. 40 4 Select Automatic Fire Detection cum Alarm System to plan their effective utilization 40 4 Plan and execute fire station administration 40 4 Identify communication system in different organization and their scope of use 80 4 Accustomed with different fire situations and fire fighting using extinguishers. 40 4 Plan and execute disaster response practices, IRS/JRT and salvage technique. 80 4 Select and apply correct rescue method. 40 4 Categorize building construction that can ensure fire and life safety 40 4 Plan and execute fire protection measures based on construction and occupancy 120 4 Plan and survey Airport & Aircraft, port and ship for rescue system and fire fighting system on it 80 4 Identify occupational hazards associated with different dangerous chemicals, dust, gases, mist, vapours etc. to plan and execute rescue operations in these cases 40 4 Observed safety precautions while working at height, confined place and work permit system 40 4 Identify the characteristics of various fire suppression agents including water. Understand safety in manual and mechanical handling of materials. 40 4 Analysis hazard evaluation and risk analysis exercise. 80 4 Physical Training, Revision, Project work and Examination 400 4 Total 2080
- Formal structure of the qualification