Software Testing Assitant (CTS)
- Job DescriptionSoftware Testing Assistant develops and co-ordinates scheduled and unscheduled test plans and conducts software compatibility tests with programs, hardware, operating systems, or network environments. The job involves documenting, reporting and tracking software defects using manual testing software.
- Originally Approved
- Last Revised
- NSQF LevelLevel 5
- Notional Hours2080
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
Software Testing Assistant has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
- Test Engineer-Software Products
- Test Engineer-IT Services
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Progression Pathway
Can join Apprenticeship programs in different types of industries leading to a National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC).
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Software Testing Assistant’ can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File QF_Software Testing Assitant_CTS_NSQF-5.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification