Information and Communication Technology System Maintenance (CTS)
- Job DescriptionProvides technical support and maintains computer systems, desktops, networks and peripherals. Installs, diagnoses, repairs, maintains and upgrades all hardware/ software/ related equipments while ensuring optimal workstation performance by taking appropriate security measures. Troubleshoots problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end user training and assistance whenever required. Configure broadband equipment. Assist the information technology administrators with configuration, maintenance and monitoring of access servers, routers, Internet servers including DNS, radius, web, LDAP, e-mail, network monitoring and print servers
- Originally Approved
- Last Revised
- NSQF LevelLevel 5
- Notional Hours4160
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
Information & Communication Technology System Maintenance has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
- ICT Engineer
- ICT Technician
- Computer System Hardware Analyst/Hardware Engineer
- System Analysts
- Data Communication Analyst/Network Administrator
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Progression Pathway
- Can join Apprenticeship programs in different types of industries leading to a National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC).
- Can join Crafts Instructor Training Scheme (CITS) in the trade for becoming instructor in ITIs
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Information & Communication Technology System Maintenance’ can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly
- Qualification File QF_ICTSM_CTS_NSQF-5.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Apply safe working practices 40 4 Identify various basic Electrical Components and perform measurement of current, voltage using multimeter 40 5 Perform all functions of Resistors and Soldering, De-soldering practice 80 5 Recognize different types of Inductors, measure Inductance and uses of Transformer 80 5 Measure Capacitance and find resonance value of a circuit 80 5 Testing and use of Diode to construct basic Electronic components 80 5 Recognize different types of Transistors and use it as Amplifiers in electronic circuit. 80 5 Construct and test of an application circuit using different types of Semiconductors 80 5 Assemble and test various Power Supply circuit 80 5 Construct all digital circuit using logic gates and verify truth table 80 5 Familiarize charging of acid battery and verify connections 40 5 Verify internal parts of CRO and use it to measure voltage, frequency, modulation of modulator/ transmitter 80 5 Working with some important Mechanical, Electrical & Electronics Accessories used in information communication system 60 5 Perform all the functions of Word Processing and Spreadsheet Software. 80 5 Assemble and replace hardware components of Desktop Computer. 80 5 Installation of Operating System and all other application software. 160 5 Customization of Operating System and maintenance of system application software 120 5 Assemble and replace hardware components of Laptop PC 120 5 Replace/ install SMPS and troubleshoot its faults. 80 5 Familiarize and upgrading various components of Motherboard 120 5 Recognize different types of memory devices, chips and its structure 60 5 Installation and customization of Linux operating system 120 5 Installation of Printer, Scanner and troubleshoot their faults 80 5 Replace/ install Display Driver Card and servicing, configuration of various display unit 80 5 Replace/ install Sound Card and set properties to adjust sound quality 160 5 Perform maintenance and servicing of UPS. 80 5 Installation and configuration of Modem, System Resources, Add on Cards, Cables & Connectors 80 5 Upgrading, maintenance and troubleshooting of PC 200 5 Assemble, replace and troubleshooting various parts of Tablet/ Smart Devices 80 5 Browsing internet and work with Cloud Computing 40 5 Setting up and configuring Networking System using various network devices 360 5 Sharing and controlling resource and Internet connection through network 80 5 Implement Network Security to protect from various attacks on networking 80 5 Installation and basic configuration of Windows Server 40 5 Installation, configuration of DNS, Routing and user account customization 160 5 Configuration of Server and managing Server Network security and Infrastructure 120 5 Installation and basic configuration of Linux server 40 5 Revision, Project work and examination 640 5 Total 4160
- Formal structure of the qualification