Computer Operator and Programming Assistant(VI and OD) (CTS)
- Job DescriptionThe individual can work as both Computer Operator/ Programming Assistant; operates computer and peripheral equipment to process business, scientific, engineering, or other data, according to operating instructions. As programming assistant installs, maintains and updates computer programs by making minor changes and adjustments to them under the guidance of computing professionals. Maintains and updates documents of computer programs and installations with assistance under supervision of supervisor
- Originally Approved
- Last Revised
- NSQF LevelLevel 3
- Notional Hours2080
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
On successful completion of this course the candidates shall be gainfully employed as:
- Computer Operator
- Programming Assistant
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Progression Pathway
- Can join Apprenticeship programme in different types of industries leading to National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC).
- Can join Crafts Instructor Training Scheme (CITS) in the trade for becoming instructor in ITIs
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Computer Operator and Programming Assistant’ trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File QF_COPA (VI)_CTS_NSQF-3.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Apply safe working practices 40 3 Install and setup operating system and related software in a computer 200 3 Create, format and edit document using word processing application software 120 3 Create, format, edit and develop a workbook by using spreadsheet application software. 120 3 Create and customize slides for presentation 80 3 Create and manage database file using MS Access 80 3 Install, setup/configure, troubleshoot and secure computer network including Internet. 120 3 Develop static web pages using HTML 120 3 Develop web pages using Java Script 280 3 Develop simple spread sheets by embedding VBA 320 3 Maintain accounts using accounting software 160 3 Browse, select and transact using E commerce websites 80 3 Secure information from Internet by using cyber security concept 40 3 Revision, Project work and Examination 320 3 Total 2080