Food and Beverage Service Assistant (CTS)
- Job DescriptionFood and Beverage Service Assistant supervises work of Dining Room Waiters Pantry Man and Room Service Waiter and ensures that guests are served promptly and courteously in dining room. Prepares table with clean linen, condiments containers, glasses, menu-card and obtains orders from customers. Collects food, beverages, snacks etc., from kitchen according to customers’ orders from Pantry Man and serves them
- Originally Approved
- Last Revised
- SectorFood Industry
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours2080
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
Food and Beverage Service Assistant has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
- 5131.0200 - Steward, Hotel Steward
- 5131.0401 - Waiter, Institutional/Food and Beverage Service-Steward
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Progression Pathway
- Can join Apprenticeship Programmes in different types of industries leading to a National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC).
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Food and Beverage Service Assistant’ trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File QF_Food _ Beverages Service Assistant_CTS_NSQF-4.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Handle cutlery/crockery/ glassware, hygienically and observe do’s & don’t while waiting at the table. 20 4 Handle Flatware and Hollowware hygienically and correctly use of Linen-waiter’s cloth/runner/table cloth/napkin. 20 4 Carry and balance equipments/ food/ beverages on a tray. 20 4 Adopt methods and techniques of different styles of service – American/ French/ English/ India. 40 4 Carry out room service operations. 40 4 Arrange & set up tray for room service for American/ English/ Continental/ Indian breakfast and breakfast layout in coffee. 120 4 Arrange & set up cover for a la carte and table d’hote menu. 120 4 Plan a five course menu and set up the table according to the menu. 40 4 Plan & set up different themes of Banquets. 40 4 Receive the guest, seating at the table and serving water, present the menu, take order, raise KOT, BOT, food pick up service and service of food. 40 4 Check & accept the payments and practice situation handling. 60 4 Demonstrate methods of cooking through Power Point/ Video. 80 4 Serve non-alcoholic Beverage like tea, coffee etc. 80 4 Serve Alcoholic Beverage like Red wine, White wine, Sparkling wines etc. 120 4 Serve Beer/ fermented beverages. 120 4 Serve Spirits like Vodka/ Rum/ Whisky/ Brandy/ Tequila etc. 40 4 Prepared, serve and dispense mocktails, whisky based cocktails, Gin based Cocktails, Vodka based cocktails & Rum based cocktails. 80 4 Serve Cigars, cigarettes and change the ash mag. Serve cheese etc. 120 4 Serve salads, Ice creams and Soups. 80 4 Design the layout of restaurant. 40 4 Demonstrate situation handing and group activity by students: 20 4 Blind Guest, Invalid Guest, Drunk Guest, Without money, Spillage 20 4 Separate the activities and maintain log books, records, Proformas. 40 4 Apply safe working practices. 20 4 Comply with environment regulation and housekeeping. 20 4 Assist in exigencies and carry out elementary first-aid during emergencies. 20 4 Work in a team, understand and practice soft skills, technical English to communicate with required clarity. 20 4 Explain energy conservation, global warming and pollution and contribute in day-to- day work by optimally using available resources. 20 4 Explain personnel finance, entrepreneurship and manage/organize related task in day-to-day work for personal & societal growth. 20 4 Revision, Project work and Examination 560 Total 2080
- Formal structure of the qualification