Smartphone Technician Cum App Tester (CTS)
- Job DescriptionThe person diagnoses the problems, performs front end / hardware level repair as required, resolves software issues to ensure effective functioning of the Smartphone handset/tablet. Disassembles / assembles down to board and component levels to perform all kind of repair which includes hardware & Software Applications such as different mobile Apps, rework & testing of Smartphone. He/she is able to test devices for software bugs and use best software and firmware version. Tests and validates software Re-flash tools to update Software Bin file on wireless handsets. The person is familiar with 2G/3G/4G network protocols to troubleshoot hardware issues on Smartphones/ tablets.
- Originally Approved
- Last Revised
- SectorElectronics & HW
- NSQF LevelLevel 3
- Notional Hours1040
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
On successful completion of this course the candidates shall be gainfully employed as:
Smartphone Repair Technician cum App Tester
- International Comparability
- Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
- However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries.
- Progression Pathway
Can join Apprenticeship programme in different types of industries leading to National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC).
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Smartphone Technician Cum App Tester ’ trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File QF_Smartphone Tech. cum App Tester_CTS_NSQF-3.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Apply safe working practices 40 3 Identify and check basic electronic components & their functioning. 40 3 Identify different sections of various mobile phones and explain concept of mobile Network. 40 3 dentify defects in Multimedia handset (Non-android based), replace faulty components and perform testing. 40 3 Disassemble and assemble various Smartphones, identify different types of ICs and perform basic editing in different apps, OS installation, reboot procedure, password cracking, etc 80 3 Identify defects in Smartphones, replace faulty components and perform testing. 80 3 Remove virus, Install firmware, encryption/ decryption, use third party software, flash different android dead phones, etc 80 3 Troubleshoot Software problems using internet, backup data, update and provide hard drive solutions 40 3 Trace the PCB through jumper/ schematic diagrams, repair track using jumpering techniques, Perform flashing and troubleshooting of high end software. 80 3 Disassemble and assemble various Tablets, identify defects, replace faulty components and perform testing. 80 3 Identify functionality of different types of apps, their settings, parameters & various sources. 40 3 Test different functional parameters such as purpose, performance, storage, compatibility of different mobile apps 40 3 Check different functionality parameters of mobile Apps such as memory leakage, load, backup, power consumption etc. 40 3 Examine defects in Smartphone/ software, using Graphical User Interface. 40 3 Set & test network connections, check SD Card Interactions, mobile App settings on different platforms. 40 3 Comply basic security features of mobile app testing. 40 3 Revision, Project work and Examination 200 3 Total 1040