IoT Technician (Smart City) (CTS)
- Job DescriptionThe IoT technician (Smart City) tests electronic components and circuits to locate defects; replaces defective components and performs basic/SMD soldering/de-soldering. The person constructs & tests electronic power supply circuit for proper functioning; applies the principle of sensors & transducers for various IoT applications. The individual identifies different Internet of Things applications in smart city & their distinctive advantages like smart environment, smart street light and smart water & waste management. He/she identifies and tests various parts of embedded system, sensors and actuators as per requirement for Smart City
- SectorElectronics & HW
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours2080
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
IoT Technician (Smart City) has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
- IoT Technician
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Progression Pathway
- Can join as a technician in different IoT application industries for repair, servicing and installation of IoT devices.
- Can join Apprenticeship programme in different types of industries leading to National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC).
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘IoT Technician (Smart City)’ trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File QF_IoT Technician (Smart City)_CTS_NSQF-4.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Apply safe working practices 40 4 Select and perform electrical/ electronic measurement of meters and instruments. 80 4 Test various electronic components using proper measuring instruments and compare the data using standard parameter. 80 4 Identify, place, solder and de-solder and test different SMD discrete components and ICs package with due care and following safety norms using proper tools/setup. 80 4 Construct, test and verify the input/ output characteristics of various analog circuits. 80 4 Assemble, test and troubleshoot various digital circuits. 80 4 Install, configure, interconnect given computer system(s) and networking to demonstrate & utilize application packages for different applications. 80 4 Develop troubleshooting skills in various standard electronic circuits using Electronic simulation software. 40 4 Apply the principle of sensors and transducers for various IoT applications. 40 4 Identify, select and test different signal conditioning and converter circuits. Check the specifications, connections, configuration and measurement of various types of sensor inputs as well as control outputs. 120 5 Identify, Test and troubleshoot the various families of Microcontroller. 40 5 Plan and Interface input and output devices to evaluate performance with Microcontroller. 40 4 Identify different IoT Applications with IoT architecture 40 4 Identify, test and interconnect components/parts of IoT system. 40 5 Identify and test various parts of embedded system. 80 4 dentify and select various types of sensors used in Smart City. 40 4 Position the appropriate sensors and collect the information required in Smart City. 40 4 Identify and test Wired & Wireless communication medium such as RS232, RS485, Ethernet, Fiber Optic, Wi-Fi, GSM, GPRS, RF etc. and Communication protocol. 80 4 Identify Solar Panel Basic Testing, Characteristics, Charge Controller Circuit. 40 4 Perform installation, configuration and check working of IOT devices, network, database, app and web services. Monitor environmental parameters like Temperature, Humidity, Air Quality, PM2.5, PM10, CO2 etc. 80 4 Establish and troubleshoot IoT connectivity of devices to cloud having multiple communication medium, protocols, device management and monitoring. 160 4 Demonstrate and Deploy responsive Web Application using APIs and generate reports using templates. 80 4 Identify and test Smart Lighting system and its components. 80 4 Identify, select, install and troubleshoot different module / devices used in SMART Street Light based on IoT and Cloud Technology 80 4 Identify, select, install and troubleshoot different module / devices used in SMART Parking. 40 4 Identify, select, install and troubleshoot different module / devices used in SMART Traffic. 40 4 Apply IoT Application for Water & Waste Management. 40 4 Revision, Project work and Examination 320 Total 2080