IoT Technician (Smart Agriculture) (CTS)
- Job DescriptionThe individual in this job identifies different IOT enabled system/application in agricultural field such as Precision Farming, Livestock Monitoring, Agricultural Drones etc. for farmers to maximize yields using minimal resources such as water, fertilizer and seeds. Selects various types of sensors as per requirement for Smart Agriculture. Positions appropriate sensors and collects necessary data like various types of soil properties including compaction, structure, pH and nutrient levels etc.,
- Originally Approved
- Last Revised
- SectorElectronics & HW
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours2080
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
IoT Technician (Smart Agriculture) has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
- IoT Technician
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Progression Pathway
- Can join as a technician in different IoT application industries for repair, servicing and installation of IoT devices.
- Can join Apprenticeship programme in different types of industries leading to National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC).
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘IoT Technician (Smart Agriculture)’ trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File QF_IoT Tech. (Smart Agriculture)_CTS_NSQF-4.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Apply safe working practices 40 4 Select and perform electrical/ electronic measurement of meters and instruments 80 4 Test various electronic components using proper measuring instruments and compare the data using standard parameter 80 4 Identify, place, solder and de-solder and test different SMD discrete components and ICs package with due care and following safety norms using proper tools/setup 80 4 Construct, test and verify the input/ output characteristics of various analog circuits 80 4 Assemble, test and troubleshoot various digital circuits 80 4 Install, configure, interconnect given computer system(s) and networking to demonstrate & utilize application packages for different applications 80 4 Develop troubleshooting skills in various standard electronic circuits using Electronic simulation software. 40 4 Apply the principle of sensors and transducers for various IoT applications. 40 4 Identify, select and test different signal conditioning and converter circuits. Check the specifications, connections, configuration and measurement of various types of sensor inputs as well as control outputs. 120 5 Identify, Test and troubleshoot the various families of Microcontroller 40 5 Plan and Interface input and output devices to evaluate performance with Microcontroller 40 4 Identify different IoT Applications with IoT architecture 40 4 Identify, test and interconnect components/parts of IoT system 40 4 Identify and select various types of sensors used in Smart Agriculture. 120 4 Position the appropriate sensors and collect the information required in Smart Agriculture 80 4 Identify, select different wireless communication modules and topology to generate and record the data 80 4 Identify and test Wired & Wireless communication medium such as RS232, RS485, Ethernet, Fiber Optic, Wi-Fi, GSM, GPRS, RF etc. and Communication protocol 40 4 Identify Solar Panel Basics Testing, Characteristics, Charge Controller Circuit. 80 5 Perform installation, configuration and Check working of IOT devices, network, database, app and web services 80 4 Establish and troubleshoot IoT connectivity of devices to cloud having multiple communication medium, protocols, device management and monitoring. 120 4 Demonstrate and Deploy responsive Web Application using APIs and generate reports using templates 40 4 Identify and install the devices used in green house 40 4 Monitor soil moisture, temperature etc. for controlling irrigation & record data 80 4 Select plant health monitoring system and apply proper water, fertilizer and pesticides 40 4 Identify and install the appropriate device for livestock monitoring 40 4 Identify, select and operate drone in various applications 40 4 Collect data using Drones. 40 4 Revision, Project work and Examination 240 4 Total 2080