Mason (Building Constructor) (CTS)
- Job DescriptionMason (Building Constructor) lays brick with Mortar and other construction material to construct and repair building walls, arches, chimneys, floors, pillars and other structures. The responsibilities include site development and clearance, makes support for laying of bricks and blocks, mortar and cement concrete mixing, rendering coat plastering, work related to plumbing, knowledge of scaffolding and have the basic knowledge in the environment, health and safety pertaining to the trade
- Originally Approved
- Last Revised
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours2080
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
Mason (Building Constructor) has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
- Bricklayer, Construction
- Helper Mason
- Plumbing Mason
- Assistant Mason
- Assistant Shuttering Carpenter
- Concrete Placers, Concrete Finishers and Related workers
- Stone Mason
- Tile Setter
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Progression Pathway
- Can join Apprenticeship programme in different types of industries leading to National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC).
- Can join Crafts Instructor Training Scheme (CITS) in the trade for becoming instructor in ITIs.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Mason (Building Constructor)’ trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File QF_Mason (Building Constructor)_CTS_NSQF-3.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Recognize & comply safe working practices, environment regulation and housekeeping. 80 4 Perform wood work with carpenter’s tools. 80 4 Plan and organize the work to make masonry brick wall as per drawing and specification applying different types of tools, materials and check for dimensional accuracy 240 4 Construct wall leaving space for door & window opening. 40 4 Perform R.C.C casting, rod cutting in different sizes, bending, binding & placing. Mixing & compaction of Concrete with different proportions. 80 4 Construction of cavity wall 40 4 Laying out of building plan, diagonal check-up, fixing up of excavation lines 80 4 Wall & ceiling plastering with application of mortar, smoothening the surface by using of screeds & floats. 120 4 Make different types of floor with determination and formation of Slope. 80 4 Laying of drain pipe, jointing, fittings & fixing of W.C. pan, urinals, gully trap. Construction of manhole etc. 160 4 Construction of septic tank. 40 4 Fixing& fittings of wash basin, flushing cistern, sink, vent pipe, etc. 40 4 Construct stone wall with cutting, chamfering, beveled etc. 80 4 Laying of marble on floor & stair with marking, cutting & complete setting. 80 4 Construction of circular brick wall & hollow block walls 80 4 Preparing & mixing of concrete, formwork, cutting & bending of bar, casting of roof slab, beams, lintels, stair, column etc. 200 4 Cutting & setting of glazed tiles to walls. 80 4 Laying of mosaic, terrazzo & tile flooring. 40 4 Construction of R.C.C. & Brick stairs. 40 4 Revision, Project work and Examination 400 Total 2080
- Formal structure of the qualification