Architectural Draughtsman (CTS)
- Job DescriptionArchitectural Draughtsman draws to scale drawings of buildings, parks, gardens, monuments etc. from approved sketches, designs or data for construction. Studies notes, sketches and other engineering data of buildings, parks, gardens, monuments, etc. to be constructed
- SectorCapital Goods & Manufacturing
- NSQF LevelLevel 5
- Notional Hours4160
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
Architectural Draughtsman has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
- Architectural Draughtsman
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Progression Pathway
- Can join Apprenticeship programme in industries leading to National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC).
- Can join Crafts Instructor Training Scheme (CITS) in the trade for becoming instructor in ITIs.
- Can take admission in diploma course in notified branches of Engineering by lateral entry.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Surveyor’ can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File QF_Architectural Draughtsman_CTS_NSQF-5.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Recognize & comply safe working practices, environment regulation and housekeeping. 40 4 Draw different types of architectural symbols 40 4 Draw different types free hand sketches. 20 5 Draw different type of letterings. 20 5 Draw different types of plane geometry. 40 5 Draw orthographic projections. 160 5 Draw different sizes of Bricks and Brick Masonry 80 5 Draw different types of Stone Masonry. 40 4 Draw different types of Foundation. 40 5 Draw different Carpentry Joints 40 5 Draw different types of Wooden Doors and Windows. 120 5 Draw different types of Lintels. 40 5 Draw different types of Arches. 40 5 Drafting in CAD. 120 5 Draw details of Damp proof Course (DPC) and Water Proofing Treatment at different locations. 80 5 Draw plan, elevation and side view of Solids in inclined positions and Section of Solids. 80 5 Illustrate design procedure of Residential Building. 80 5 Draw plan, elevation and section through toilet of the residential building and the site plan with landscape. 80 5 Draw typical vertical section of an external wall of two storied load bearing structure and RCC framed structure. 40 5 Draw Plan, elevation and Construction Details of different types of stairs 120 5 Draw different types of flooring details. 80 5 Produce final project work applying advance CAD commands and File management. 120 5 Surface Development of geometrical solids. 160 5 Illustrate Design-Concept and visualization of design. Topic: Residential (single/ double storied), Post office, Farm house. 80 5 Draw sanction drawing with local authority bye laws. 80 5 Preliminary drawing of the Design project in AUTOCAD. 120 5 Read and Interpret structural drawing. 40 4 Draw 3 D model by sketch up software along with rendering, walkthrough, animated view. 120 5 Draw details of different types of doors. 80 5 Draw details of different types of windows 80 5 Draw details of roofs and roof covering. 80 5 Prepare final design drawings in AUTOCAD. 80 5 Draw working drawing set to the site to execution. 80 5 Draw the Anthropometrics & ergonomics of commercial building. 60 4 Draw Standard sizes of outdoor movements like swimming pool, basketball court, badminton court, play area etc. 60 5 Prepare design and the site plan with landscape of Residential Apartment/ primary school in AUTOCAD. 120 5 Draw joints in structures (viz. Details of construction joints at various positions, Details of expansion joints in walls, roof). 120 5 Prepare 3D model and BOQ using BIM software (REVIT ARCHITECTURE). 280 5 Perform rendering in Photoshop (Convert the drawings in pdf and then render it in photoshop with necessary details). 80 5 Prepare Working drawing – viz. Kitchen layout, Electrical layout, Plumbing Layout, DWV details 120 5 Project Work, Revision, Examination 800 5 Total 4160
- Formal structure of the qualification