Digital Photographer (CTS)
- SectorMedia & Entertainment
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours2080
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed as:
• Wedding & Portrait photographer
• News photographer
• Commercial and Industrial Photographer
• Aerial photographer
• Scientific photographer
• Fine Arts photographer
• University photographer
• Photo Editor/ Video Editor
• Self Employment etc.
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Progression Pathway
• Can join Apprenticeship programme in different types of industries leading to National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC).
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in “Digital Photographer trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and trade directly.
- Qualification File QF_Digital Photographer.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level 1. Apply safe working practices. Comply with environment regulation and housekeeping. Apply Basic knowledge of Electrical Wiring. 36 3 2. Understand Lenses and uses. . 36 4 3. Work with the application of various types of lights on the photographs. Use different types of Lighting techniques, taking indoor and outdoor photographs and use of special areas of photography. Apply different types of object lighting: Daylight, Arti 72 4 4. Use Tungsten light, fluorescent Light , single & multiple electronic flash, reflectors, exposure meters 72 4 5. Work with basic portrait, studio photography, Commercial/Advertisement photography, Sports photography, fashion photography, slow and fast moving objects, functions, machines and processes, land scape, architecture, night photography children, animal, 72 4 6. Apply the Introduction to Computer Fundamentals, Monitor Calibration, Interfaces. 36 3 7. App[ly Image transportation by using editing software, taking printouts of photographs by using computer system from digital camera. 108 4 8. Apply to develop the skill & knowledge of Multimedia in Photography. Demonstrate most of the important aspects of Photo Editing software Elements. Show the usual workflow steps for photo editing, organizing, and sharing. 108 4 9. Work with Images & Graphics. 36 4 10. Apply Four Key Skills of a Successful Photographer, Procurement of a good quality cameras and its accessories. 108 4 Semester – II 11. Acquaint with video equipment. Ability to use the different video equipment and their operations. Demonstrate the basic principles of video and audio recording. 108 4 12. Apply the motion Picture Photography. Concept of Editing. To develop the knowledge & skill of Editing Techniques 108 5 18. Work with the Principles of Light. Demonstrate the quality and types of light 36 4 13. Demonstrate the Shooting techniques by using digital video camera with pan-tilt-zoom and use of camcorder camera operating techniques. 108 4 14. Apply the Audio recording sound by using different types of microphones. Mixing, editing, dubbing and sweetening of sound 72 4 15. Use of three point lighting for video shooting in a studio and selection of shooting camera, studio lights accessories for field lighting 72 4 16. Learn to make documentary films, Shooting interviews, news, and making advertisements etc. 108 4 17. Work with post-production 144 4 18. Apply and Work with the necessity of planning a production 36 4 Revision/ Examination/ Project 640 Total 2080
- Formal structure of the qualification