Milk and Milk Product Technician (CTS)
- Originally Approved
- Last Revised
- SectorFood Industry
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours2080
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
Performs several tasks in reparation of various dairy products. Pasteurises raw milk or other dairy product to remove harmful bacteria. Develops bacterial culture for use in making butter, buttermilk, cheese and other products
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known
- Progression Pathway
Can join as Technician in dairy industries for handling machineries/ equipment used in the production of milk and milk products.
Can join as milk collection technician in dairy industries.
Can become entrepreneur in the field of milk and milk products.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Baker & Confectioner’ trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File Milk Product Technician QF.pdf
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Semester – I (i) Maintain hygiene and cleanliness of floor dairy equipments 160 4 (ii) Operate machineries used in dairy plant and understand the basic milk product market and raw materials. 200 4 (iii) Perform handle dairy equipments and mfg. of milk and milk products 480 4 Semester – II (iv) Prepare and assist in Cream, Ghee & Butter product. 120 4 (v) Prepare and assist to produce different milk products. 360 4 (vi) Prepare or assist ice-cream production. 120 4 (vii) Prepare and assist dried milk product. 80 4 (viii) Regulate the milk safety as per norms of food. 80 4 (ix) Perform sterilisation of milk container and carry out maintenance of dairy machineries. 160 (x) Revision, Project work and Examination 280 4 Sub Total (A) 2080 4