Interior Design and Decoration (CTS)
- Originally Approved
- Last Revised
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours2080
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
The qualification gives access to jobs such as:
• Interior Designer
• Furniture Designer
• Design Consultant
• Associate Designer
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries.
- Progression Pathway
• National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC) by NCVT.
• Self Employment.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in Interior Design & Decoration trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and trade directly.
- Qualification File QF Interior Design and Decoration.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Mandatory/ Optional Estimated size (Hours) Level Appraise and understand importance of interior designing & drawing instruments, drawing sheets, Lettering. Mandatory 34 3 (ii) Draft the Geometrical shapes and projection with the help of engineering scale and free hand sketches. Mandatory 102 4 (iii) Draft the design with the help of colour scheme and apply with rules and calculations. Mandatory 68 4 (iv) Draw furniture designing & detailing. Mandatory 102 4 (v) Draw residential plan with necessary working drawing. Mandatory 170 4 (vi) Draw different types of staircase. Mandatory 34 4 (vii) Basic knowledge of structural part of building. Mandatory 34 4 (viii) Draw doors and windows & details. Mandatory 68 4 (ix) Draw one and two point’s perspective view. Mandatory 68 4 (x) Prepare the power point presentation with animation. Mandatory 68 4 (xi) Create object on 3D using tool bars, commands. Mandatory 170 4 (xii) Draw different types of false ceiling by using CAD. Mandatory 68 4 (xiii) Draw different types of flooring by using CAD. Mandatory 68 4 (xiv) Draw different types of carpentry joints by using CAD. Mandatory 68 4 (xv) Analyse and uses of paints, polish and varnish. Mandatory 34 4 (xvi) Draw different types of partition wall by using CAD. Mandatory 68 4 (xvii) Draw plumbing and drainage detail & sanitary fittings by using CAD. Mandatory 34 4 (xviii) Draw lighting and electrical layout plan by using CAD. Mandatory 68 4 (xix) Draw air conditioning layout by using CAD. Mandatory 34 4 (xx) Draw commercial interiors by using CAD. Mandatory 170 4 (xxi) Recognize & comply safe working practices, environment regulation and housekeeping. Mandatory 28 4 (xxii) Understand and explain different mathematical calculation & science in the field of study including basic electrical. [Different mathematical calculation & science -Work, Power & Energy, Algebra, Geometry & Mensuration, Trigonometry, Heat & Tempera Mandatory 30 4 (xxiii) Interpret specifications, different drawing and apply for different application in the field of work. [Different drawing-Geometrical construction, Dimensioning, Layout, Method of representation, Symbol, Different Projections, Assembly drawing, Sec Mandatory 30 4 (xxiv) Read and apply engineering drawing for different application in the field of interior design work. Mandatory 25 4 (xxv) Explain the concept in productivity, quality tools, and labour welfare legislation and apply such in day to day work to improve productivity & quality. Mandatory 25 5 (xxvi) Explain energy conservation, global warming and pollution and contribute in day to day work by optimally using available resources. Mandatory 15 5 (xxvii) Explain personnel finance, entrepreneurship and manage/organize related task in day to day work for personal & societal growth. Mandatory 15 5 (xxviii) Plan and execute the work related to the occupation. Mandatory 15 4
- Formal structure of the qualification