Mechanic Consumer Electronic Appliances (CTS)
- Originally Approved
- Last Revised
- SectorElectronics & HW
- NSQF LevelLevel 5
- Notional Hours4160
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed as:
• Fitting, assembly and repair of various kinds of Home
• Field Technician of UPS and Inverters
• Access Control Installation Technician of biometric equipments
• Solar Panel Installation Technician
• Optical Fibre Technician
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Progression Pathway
• Can take admission in diploma course in notified branches of Engineering by lateral entry
• Can join as skilled worker in the industry and can become supervisor after doing part-time diploma in relevant branch of Engineering
• Can join Apprenticeship programme in different types of industries leading to National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC) after which they will be employed in industry as skilled worker and can become supervisor after doing part-time diploma in relevant branch of Engineering
• Can join Crafts Instructor Training Scheme (CITS) in the ‘Electronics’ trade for becoming instructor in ITIs.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Electronics Mechanic’ trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and trade directly.
- Qualification File QF - Mech Consumer Electronics Appliances....pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Mandatory/ Optional Estimated size (Hours) Level (i) Apply safe working practices Mandatory 40 4 (ii) Perform basic workshop operations using suitable tools for fitting, riveting, drilling etc observing suitable care & safety. Mandatory 80 5 (iii) Select and perform electrical/ electronic measurement of single range meters and calibrate the instrument. Mandatory 120 5 (iv) Test & service different batteries used in electronic applications and record the data to estimate repair cost. Mandatory 40 5 (v) Test various electronic components using proper measuring instruments and compare the data using standard parameter Mandatory 80 5 (vi) Plan and execute soldering & de-soldering of various electrical components like Switches, PCB & Transformers for electronic circuits. Mandatory 40 5 (vii) Test various electronic components using proper measuring instruments and compare the data using standard parameter. Mandatory 120 4 (viii) Assemble simple electronic power supply circuit and test for functioning. Mandatory 80 4 (ix) Install, Configure, interconnect given computer system(s) and demonstrate & utilize application packages for different application. Mandatory 200 4 (x) Assemble simple electronic power supply circuit and test for functioning Mandatory 40 5 (xi) Plan and carry out the selection of a project, assemble the project and evaluate performance for a domestic/commercial applications. Mandatory 120 5 (xii) Construct, test and verify the input/output characteristic of various analog circuits. Mandatory 40 4 (xiii) Construct, test and verify the input/ output characteristics of various analog circuits Mandatory 160 5 (xiv) Plan and construct different power electronic circuits and analyse the circuit functioning. Mandatory 120 5 (xv) Select the appropriate opto electronics components and verify the characteristics in different circuit. Mandatory 40 4 (xvi) Assemble, test and troubleshoot various digital circuits. Mandatory 240 5 (xvii) Simulate and analyze the analog and digital circuits using Electronic simulator software Mandatory 80 5 (xviii) Construct and test different circuits using ICs 741operational amplifiers & ICs 555 linear integrated circuits and execute the result Mandatory 160 5 (xix) Plan and carry out the selection of a project, assemble the project and evaluate performance for a domestic/ commercial applications Mandatory 120 4 (xx) Measure the various parameters by DSO and execute the result with standard one Mandatory 40 5 (xxi) Identify , place, solder and desolder and test different SMD discrete components and IC’s package with due care and following safety norms using proper tools/setup Mandatory 120 5 (xxii) Rework on PCB after identifying defects from SMD soldering and desoldering Mandatory 80 5 (xxiii) Construct different electrical control circuits and test for their proper functioning with due care and safety. Mandatory 80 4 (xxiv) Prepare, crimp, terminate and test various cables used in different electronics industries Mandatory 120 4 (xxv) Assemble and test a commercial AM/ FM receiver and evaluate performance Mandatory 120 5 (xxvi) Test, service and troubleshoot the various components of different domestic/ industrial programmable systems Mandatory 160 5 (xxvii) Execute the operation of different process sensors, identify, wire & test various sensors of different industrial processes by selecting appropriate test instruments Mandatory 120 5 (xxviii) Plan and carry out the selection of a project, assemble the project and evaluate performance for a domestic/commercial applications Mandatory 120 5 (xxix) Prepare fibre optic setup and execute transmission and reception Mandatory 40 5 (xxx) Detect the faults and troubleshoot SMPS, UPS and inverter Mandatory 240 5 (xxxi) Identify, operate various controls, trouble shoot and replace modules of the LCD/LED TV & its remote Mandatory 200 5 (xxxii) Install /configure, various control adjustment of the display, troubleshoot and secure LCD/LED projector Mandatory 40 5 (xxxiii) Identify different parts accessories, selection of site and install troubleshoot of the DTH. Mandatory 40 5 (xxxiv) Dismantle, identify the parts, control circuits, sensors of a various domestic appliances. Estimate and troubleshoot Mandatory 80 5 (xxxv) Install /configure, various control adjustment of the display, troubleshoot and secure LCD/LED projector / printer Mandatory 40 5 (xxxvi) Install a CCTV system and Configure the system for surveillance function Mandatory 80 5 (xxxvii) Identify, operate various controls play switches, troubleshoot and replace faulty boards of a home theatre and its remote Mandatory 80 5 (xxxviii) Plan and carry out the selection of a project, assemble the project and evaluate performance for a domestic/commercial applications Mandatory 120 5 Generic Learning Outcome (i) Interpret & use company and technical communication. English Literacy Mandatory 24 4 (ii) Demonstrate knowledge of concept and principles of basic arithmetic, algebraic, trigonometric, and statistics and apply knowledge of specific area to perform practical operations. Mandatory 84 5 (iii) Understand and explain basic science in the field of study including friction, simple machine and heat and temperature. Mandatory 84 5 (iv) Read and apply engineering drawing for different application in the field of work. Mandatory 252 5 (v) Understand and apply the concept in productivity, quality tools, and labour welfare legislation in day to day work to improve productivity & quality. Mandatory 25 5 (vi) Explain energy conservation, global warming and pollution and contribute in day to day work by optimally using available resources. Mandatory 15 5 (vii) Explain personnel finance, entrepreneurship and manage/organize related task in day to day work for personal & societal growth. Mandatory 15 5 (viii) Understand and apply basic computer working, basic operating system and uses internet services to get accustomed & take benefit of IT developments in the industry. Mandatory 20 4
- Formal structure of the qualification