Radiology Technician (CTS)
- NSQF LevelLevel 5
- Notional Hours4160
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
On successful completion of this course, the candidates
shall be gainfully employed as:
• Radiology Technician, X-ray Technician in the
Healthcare Sector, Hospitals and Private Clinics
• Radiology Technicians have a wide scope of
Employability ranging from self-employment,
contractual employment to Full Time jobs.
- International Comparability
1. The existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries.
- Progression Pathway
• Can join Apprenticeship programme in different types of industries leading to National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) after which they will be employed in industry as a skilled worker.
Can join as a skilled worker in the relevant industry.
• Self Employment.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Radiology Technician’ trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File QF_Radiology_Technician.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Mandatory/ Optional Estimated size (Hours) Level i) Understand Atomic and nuclear physics. Mandatory 120 4 ii) Understand Electromagnetic radiation, production of x-ray, construction of modern x-ray tube, and Interactions of x-ray with matter. Mandatory 160 4 iii) Identify the X-ray circuit and units, radiographic grid and beam restricting devices and operate the console panel. Mandatory 120 5 iv) Practice radiation protection and operate radiation measuring devices and understand Radio Therapy. Mandatory 160 5 v) Assemble General &radiographic anatomy, bones, joints and body systems using mannequins and skeletons. Mandatory 360 5 vi) Execute the radiographic and darkroom techniques, perform the radiographic film processing. Mandatory 120 5 vii) Understand the Radiographic contrast media and perform the radiographic positioning and special procedures. Mandatory 880 4 viii) Analyze CT patient positioning, manipulate parametersassociated with exposure and processing to produce a required image of desired quality. Mandatory 140 5 ix) Operate MRI scan and perform patient positioning, review protocols for MRI scanning. Mandatory 120 5 x) Analyze USG scans patient positioning, preparation, techniques, general care. Mandatory 160 5 xi) Analyze working of CR, DR and fluoroscopy system manipulate parameters associated with exposure and processing to produce a required image of desired quality. Mandatory 160 5 xii) Interpret the factors, tools and techniques affecting the radiographic image quality. Mandatory 120 5 xiii) Illustrate the general patient care in handling and preparation of patients during radiological examination. Mandatory 80 4 xiv) Select and plan the radiographic calibration and Tube rating charts. Mandatory 60 4 xv) Perform and understand emergency conditions and their remedy in medical emergency conditions. Mandatory 60 5 xvi) Operation of radiotherapy units and understand the Basics of Human radiobiology, effects of radiation, protection in radiotherapy. Mandatory 640 5 Generic Learning Outcomes i) Apply safe working practices. Mandatory 40 4 ii) Comply with environment regulation and housekeeping. Mandatory 20 5 iii) Interpret & use company and medical communication. Mandatory 25 5 iv) Understand and apply the concept in productivity, quality tools, and labour welfare legislation in day-to-day work to improve productivity & quality. Mandatory 15 4 v) Explain energy conservation, global warming and pollution and contribute in day-to-day work by optimally using available resources. Mandatory 55 5 vi) Explain personal finance, entrepreneurship and manage/organize related task in day-to-day work for personal & societal growth. Mandatory 35 4 vii) Utilize basic computer applications and internet to take benefit of IT developments in the industry. Mandatory 15 5
- Formal structure of the qualification