Health Sanitary Inspector (CTS)
- Originally Approved
- Last Revised
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours2080
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed as:
• Sanitary Inspector, Health Assistant, Disinfecting Inspector, Food Inspector, Slaughter House Inspector, Mosquito Inspector, etc. In Healthcare Sector, Government Bodies, NGOs.
• Trainees of Health Sanitary Inspector have a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment in Healthcare Sector.
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in overseas ( like Gulf countries, Oceania countries etc)
- Progression Pathway
• Can join Apprenticeship Programme under Health Sanitary Inspector Trade leading to National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC) after which they will be employed in Healthcare Sector etc as skilled worker.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Health Sanitary Inspector’ trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File QF_HEALTH_SANITARY_INSPECTOR.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Mandatory/ Optional Estimated size (Hours) Level Semester-I i) Make a nutritional plan for all age groups under given conditions and design a balanced diet as per the requirement under given conditions. Mandatory 40 4 ii) Identify diseases that occur due to various deficiencies and assess disease symptoms. Mandatory 40 4 iii) Inspect and report various food adulterations and suggest different food preservation techniques for various types of food. Mandatory 40 4 iv) Identify and understand water and its properties and causes of water pollution. Summarize water supply system with water treatment in the city/ country etc and assemble plumbing system for Conservation of water. Mandatory 120 4 v) Identify and understand the water purification process. Mandatory 40 4 vi) Handle the night soil of a city/ town with protection of environment and human being. Mandatory 80 4 vii)Plan solid waste management system in an area or a small town. Mandatory 80 4 viii) Identify air pollution sources and suggest the suitable remedies and understand Global warming, its effects and identify the remedial measures. Mandatory 20 4 ix) Suggest the measures to minimise the noise pollution. Plan and suggest the ventilation requirements of a particular area. Mandatory 20 4 x) Illustrate concept of liquid waste and disposal. Know the types of sewers Health hazard due to liquid waste and plan &help in construction and maintenance of sewers, traps, plumbing tools etc. Mandatory 120 4 xi) Suggest disposal methods for dead animals and humans & identify different types of soil, its importance in relation with public health and reclamation of land. Mandatory 80 4 xii)Plan and suggest sanitary prescription of medical measures in housing and fairs & festivals. Mandatory 80 4 xiii) Identify occupational health hazards. Follow safety rules. Prevent occupational diseases. Mandatory 80 4 xiv) Prepare and control of biological environment and different parts of spraying equipments. Mandatory 40 4 Semester-II xv)Generate awareness programmes for mass on health education. Mandatory 160 4 xvi) Illustrate importance of right behaviour and personal hygiene, learn its direct impact on their personal life & society. Mandatory 160 4 xvii) Perform first aid treatment to tackle medical emergency situation. Mandatory 240 4 xviii) Assess intensity of any disease, recognize the disease and provide first aid treatment on time to contain the disease and identify disinfection & its importance to control diseases. Carry out sterilization. Mandatory 200 4 xix) Follow the given immunization schedule and understand its importance. Mandatory 80 4 xx)Understand the basics of personal hygiene and its impacts on a person’s health and personality. Mandatory 80 4 xxi) Recognise various factors like death rate, birth rate, morbidity, MMR, IMR etc. analyse importance of census survey and data collection. Mandatory 40 4 xxii) Categorise health survey. Mandatory 40 4 xxiii) Familiarise with vocabulary and terminology of different acts. Mandatory 40 4 Generic Learning Outcomes i) Recognize & comply safe working practices, environment regulation and housekeeping. Mandatory 20 4 ii) Assist in Exigencies and carryout elementary First Aid during Emergencies and maintain hygiene and cleanliness of kitchen, kitchen equipments and cooking utensils. Mandatory 20 4 iii) Understand and Practice Soft Skills, Technical English to communicate with required clarity Mandatory 15 4 iv) Explain energy conservation, global warming and pollution and contribute in day to day work by optimally using available resources Mandatory 15 4 v) Explain personnel finance, entrepreneurship and manage/organize related task in day to day work for personal & societal growth. Mandatory 15 4
- Formal structure of the qualification