Dental Laboratory Equipment Technician (CTS)
- Originally Approved
- Last Revised
- NSQF LevelLevel 5
- Notional Hours4160
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed as:
• Dental Mechanic, Dental Prosthetic Technicians in the Healthcare Sector, Hospitals and Private Clinics
• Dental Laboratory Equipment Technicians have a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Full Time jobs.
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries.
- Progression Pathway
• Can join Apprenticeship programme in different types of industries leading to National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC) by NCVT after which they will be employed in industry as skilled worker.
Can join as skilled worker in the industry.
• Self Employment.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Dental Laboratory Equipment Technician’ trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File Dental_Laboratory_Equipment_Technician_QF.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Mandatory/ Optional Estimated size (Hours) Level Semester- I i) Identify the basic safety of occupational health process and differentiate between the various responsibilities of the dental team in providing dental treatment. Mandatory 40 4 ii) Weigh various metals and alloys used in dental laboratory and also measure temperature and monitor its effects in dental laboratory. Mandatory 40 5 iii) Establishes relevance of melting point of different alloys used in dental laboratories. Mandatory 40 5 iv) Apply accurate voltage system required to operate various machines with electrical safety. Mandatory 40 5 v) Select various alloys as per requirement for fabrication of dental prosthesis. Mandatory 40 5 vi) Manipulate and use gypsum products efficiently and dental cement effectively. Mandatory 80 4 vii) Manipulates and uses dental waxes and impression materials and uses dental based materials effectively. Mandatory 40 5 viii) Make diagnostic and master casts, special trays and occlusal runs and articulates casts. Mandatory 160 5 ix) Perform teeth setting. Mandatory 80 5 x) Plan and process the denture and also repair broken denture and reline the denture. Mandatory 120 5 xi) Identify and select wires and fabricates retentive components of orthodontic appliances and make retractive components of orthodontic appliances. Mandatory 80 5 xii) Make active components of orthodontic appliances and prosthesis orthodontic appliances. Mandatory 80 4 Semester- II xiii) Carve various maxillary anterior teeth, mandibular anterior teeth, maxillary premolar, mandibular premolar, maxillary molars and mandibular molars. Mandatory 360 5 xiv) Duplication of casts. Mandatory 40 4 xv) Identify and apply various concepts of occlusion in all dental casts Mandatory 40 5 xvi) Identify partial denture classification, construct immediate dentures and construct removable partial dentures and also survey the removable partial denture. Mandatory 160 4 xvii) Prepare appropriate retention features in removable partial dentures. Mandatory 40 4 xviii) Identify the fixed components of orthodontic appliances and fabricate oral screen, activator and weld appliances. Mandatory 120 4 Semester-III xix) Fabricate temporary acrylic jacket crowns. Mandatory 120 5 xx) Prepare various cast, die for fixed partial denture, full metal crown and full metal bridges. Mandatory 720 5 Semester- IV xxi) Familiarize with equipment used in fixed prosthodontics and mock up of anterior crowns. Mandatory 200 4 xxii) Fabricate copings and prepare die. Mandatory 360 5 xxiii) Fabricate porcelain fused to metal crown. Mandatory 640 5 Generic Learning Outcomes i) Apply safe working practices. Mandatory 40 4 ii) Comply with environment regulation and housekeeping. Mandatory 40 4 iii) Interpret & use company and medical communication. Mandatory 20 5 iv) Understand and apply the concept in productivity, quality tools, and labour welfare legislation in day-to-day work to improve productivity & quality. Mandatory 25 5 v) Explain energy conservation, global warming and pollution and contribute in day-to-day work by optimally using available resources. Mandatory 15 4 vi) Explain personal finance, entrepreneurship and manage/organize related task in day-to-day work for personal & societal growth. Mandatory 35 5 vii) Utilize basic computer applications and internet to take benefit of IT developments in the industry. Mandatory 15 5
- Formal structure of the qualification