Food Production (General) (CTS)
- Originally Approved
- Last Revised
- SectorTourism & Hospitality
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours2080
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
On successful completion of this course, the candidates
shall be gainfully employed as:
• Commis-II, Commis-I, Chef de Partie, Sous Chef,
Junior Chef, Executive Chef
• Crew Chef, Second Chef, Executive Chef
• Self employment
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in overseas ( like Gulf countries, Oceania countries etc)
- Progression Pathway
1. National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) by NCVT.
2. Self Employment.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Food Production (General)’ trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File Food Production (General)_CTS_NSQF-4.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Mandatory/ Optional Estimated size (Hours) Level Semester – I (i) Apply Safe working practices and comply with Environment Regulation and Housekeeping. Mandatory 40 4 (ii) Maintain hygiene and cleanliness of kitchen, kitchen equipment and cooking utensils Mandatory 40 3 (iii) Work with head cook in menu planning and menu Mandatory 80 5 (iv) Undertake various vegetable cuts which will help in cooking to a specific perfection as desired by the industry. Mandatory 60 4 (v) Work with head cook in preparing of mise en place & preparation of foods. Prepare, season and cook soup, meats, vegetable and other food stuffs. Mandatory 160 4 (vi) Plan and prepare basic Indian Food recipes. Mandatory 160 5 (vii) Prepare foods for breakfast buffet/ ala carte menu. Mandatory 40 4 (viii) Work in the Garde manger of various foods preparing organization. Prepare salads, sandwiches, fruit juices and other cold foods Mandatory 40 4 (ix) Work with Head cook in preparing of mise en place &preparation of foods. Prepare, season and cook soup, meats, vegetables and other food stuff. Mandatory 120 4 Semester – II (x) Work with head cook in preparing of mise en place & preparation of foods. Prepare, season and cook soups, meats, vegetables and other food stuffs. Mandatory 80 4 (xi) Prepare exotic Indian foods and plan menu according to own judgment or as per instructions. Mandatory 80 5 (xii) Work in the Garde manger of various foods preparing organization. Prepare salads, sandwiches, fruit juice, and other cold foods Mandatory 80 4 (xiii) Carry out duties associated with preparation of meals Mandatory 320 4 (xiv) Work in the bakery of various foods preparing organization. Prepare various desserts and sweet dishes. Mandatory 160 4 (xv) Prepare food in Continental/Chinese kitchen of various foods preparing organization. Mandatory 80 4 Generic Learning Outcomes (xvi) Recognize & comply safe working practices, environment regulation and housekeeping. Mandatory 40 4 (xvii) Assist in Exigencies and carryout elementary First Aid during Emergencies and maintain hygiene and cleanliness of kitchen, kitchen equipments and cooking utensils. Mandatory 40 4 (xviii) Understand and Practice Soft Skills, Technical English to communicate with required clarity Mandatory 15 4 (xix) Explain energy conservation, global warming and pollution and contribute in day to day work by optimally using available resources Mandatory 15 4 (xx) Explain personnel finance, entrepreneurship and manage/organize related task in day to day work for personal & societal growth Mandatory 15 4
- Formal structure of the qualification