- SectorCapital Goods & Manufacturing
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours2080
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed as:
• Moulder, Die Casting Machine Operator, Core Maker and Annealer in Production & Manufacturing industries.
• Trainees of Foundry man Trade have a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs.
- International Comparability
Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
- Progression Pathway
- Can join Apprenticeship programme in different types of industries leading to National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC)
- Can join Crafts Instructor Training Scheme (CITS) in the relevant trade after which they will be employed in ITI/ Vocational Training Institute as instructor
- can become supervisor after doing diploma in relevant branch of Engineering through lateral entry
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in”Foundryman’ trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File QF_Foundryman.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Mandatory/ Optional Estimated size (Hours) Level Semester-I i) Categorize different types of tools, equipment & raw material used in foundry. Mandatory 40 4 ii) Prepare sand mix for moulding Mandatory 40 4 iii) Perform different types of sand testing & find out result. Mandatory 40 4 iv) Produce green sand moulds by using appropriate hand tools. Mandatory 200 4 v) Produce different casting components by different metal with different moulding process and finish the casting as per requirement. Mandatory 280 4 vi) Produce wooden joint, make pattern and repair defective pattern and boxes. Mandatory 80 4 vii) Prepare mould with loose piece pattern and loose piece core box. Mandatory 40 4 viii) Perform metal working such as marking, sawing, filling, grinding, drilling etc. Mandatory 40 4 ix) Make casting of aluminium/ magnesium by melting on Induction furnace & identify defects. Mandatory 40 4 Semester – II x) Prepare mould by different moulding process, make cast iron castings identify defects. Mandatory 200 4 xi) Make a casting, fettle the casting & calculation yield% Mandatory 80 4 xii) Prepare complete core by joining half cores. Mandatory 40 4 xiii) Make mould by various types of gate to produce different type of metal casting. Find out defects & visit industry to show different operation for casting making. Mandatory 200 4 xiv) Make an extra thick casting & finish it. Mandatory 240 4 xv) Reline & prepare different types of furnaces for melting cast metals. Mandatory 120 4 xvi) Make by using linseed oil & ivpoils. Mandatory 40 4 xvii) Prepare mould without pattern & with sweep pattern. Mandatory 40 4 xviii) Make casting by die casting process & yield % of casting. Mandatory 40 4 xix) Make casting by investment casting process & binder less process. Mandatory 40 4 Generic Learning Outcomes i) Recognize & comply safe working practices, environment regulation and housekeeping. Mandatory 25 4 ii) Understand and explain different mathematical calculation & science in the field of study including basic electrical. Mandatory 15 4 iii) Interpret specifications, different engineering drawing and apply for different application in the field of work. Mandatory 15 4 iv) Select and measure dimension of components and record data Mandatory 10 4 v) Explain the concept in productivity, quality tools, and labour welfare legislation and apply such in day to day work to improve productivity & quality. Mandatory 10 4 vi) Explain energy conservation, global warming and pollution and contribute in day to day work by optimally using available resources. Mandatory 10 4 vii) Explain personnel finance, entrepreneurship and manage/organize related task in day to day work for personal & societal growth. Mandatory 15 4 viii) Plan and execute the work related to the occupation Mandatory 10 4
- Formal structure of the qualification