- Originally Approved
- Last Revised
- SectorCapital Goods & Manufacturing
- NSQF LevelLevel 5
- Notional Hours4160
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed as:
• Machinist, Grinder, Operator of various types of power driven metal cutting or grinding machines in Production & Manufacturing industries,Infrastructure and defence organizations.
• Machinists have a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs.
- International Comparability
1. Comparison Made with German Syllabus and the proposed syllabus is in line with the existing German Syllabus (Around 95% contents are matching).
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Progression Pathway
Can appear in 10+2 examination through National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) for acquiring higher secondary certificate and can go further for General/ Technical education
• Can take admission in diploma course in notified branches of Engineering by lateral entry
• Can become supervisor after doing part-time diploma in relevant branch of Engineering.
• Can join Apprenticeship programme in different types of industries leading to National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC) after which they will be employed in industry as skilled worker and can become supervisor after doing part-time diploma in relevant branch of Engineering
• Can join Crafts Instructor Training Scheme (CITS) in the relevant trade after which they will be employed in ITI/ Vocational Training Institute as instructor
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Machinist’ trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File QF_Machinist_0.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Mandatory/ Optional Estimated size (Hours) Level Semester – I Semester – I (i) Plan and organize the work to make job as per specification applying different types of basic fitting operation and Check for dimensional accuracy. [Basic fitting operation – marking, Hacksawing, Chiselling, Filing, Drilling, Taping and G Mandatory 355 5 Produce components by different operations and check accuracy using appropriate measuring instruments.[Different Operations - Drilling, Reaming, Tapping, Dieing; Appropriate Measuring Instrument – Vernier, Screw Gauge, Micrometer] Mandatory 170 4 Make different fit of components for assembling as per required tolerance observing principle of interchange ability and check for functionality. [Different Fit – Sliding, Angular, Step fit, ‘T’ fit, Square fit and Profile fit; Required tolerance: ±0.2 mm Mandatory 60 4 Set different shaped jobs on different chuck and demonstrate conventional lathe machine operation observing standard operation practice. [Different chucks: 3 jaws & 4 jaws, different shaped jobs: round, square, hexagonal] Mandatory 60 4 Prepare different cutting tool to produce jobs to appropriate accuracy by performing different turning operations. [Different cutting tool – V tool, side cutting, parting, thread cutting (both LH & RH), Appropriate accuracy: - ±0.06mm, Different turning o Mandatory 60 4 Set different components of machine & parameters to produce taper/ angular components and ensure proper assembly of the components. [Different component of machine: Form tool, Compound slide, tail stock offset; Different machine parameters- Feed, speed, d Mandatory 200 5 Set the different machining parameters to produce metric-v threaded components applying method/ technique and test for proper assembly of the components. Mandatory 230 4 Semester – II Set the different machining parameters and cutting tool to prepare job by performing different slotting operation. [Different machining parameters – feed, speed and depth of cut. Different slotting operations–concave & convex surface, internal key ways, p Mandatory 170 4 Set the different machining parameters and cutters to prepare job by performing different milling operation and indexing. [Different machining parameters – feed, speed and depth of cut. Different milling operations – plain, face, angular, form, gang, stra Mandatory 110 4 Set the different machining parameters to produce square & “V’’ threaded components applying method/ technique and test for proper assembly of the components. Mandatory 420 5 Produce components of high accuracy by different operations using grinding. [Different operations – surface grinding, cylindrical grinding with an accuracy of+/- 0.01 mm] Mandatory 170 5 Semester – III Resharpen different single & multipoint cutting tool. [Different single point tools, slab milling cutter, side & face milling cutter, end mill cutter and shell end mill cutter.] Mandatory 110 5 Set different machining parameters and cutters to prepare job by different milling machine operations. [Different machining parameters - feed, speed, depth of cut, different machining operation – facing, drilling, tapping, reaming, counter boring, counter Mandatory 60 4 Set the different machining parameters and cutters to prepare components by performing different milling operation and indexing. [Different machining parameters – feed, speed and depth of cut. Different components – Rack, Spur Gear, External Spline, Stee Mandatory 62 4 Identify and explain basic functioning of different electrical equipment, sensors and apply such knowledge in industrial application including basic maintenance work. [Different electrical equipment- multi-meter, transformer, relays, solenoids, motor & ge Mandatory 60 5 Set (both job and tool) CNC turning centre and produce components as per drawing by preparing part programme. Mandatory 279 5 Semester – IV Set (both job and tool) CNC machining centre and produce components as per drawing by preparing part programme. Mandatory 93 5 Plan and perform simple repair, overhauling of different machines and check for functionality. [Different Machines – Drilling Machine, milling machine and Lathe] Mandatory 10 4 Set the different machining parameters and cutters to prepare components by performing different milling operation and indexing. [Different machining parameters – feed, speed and depth of cut. Different components – end mill, bevel gear, cam, worm & worm Mandatory 170 5 Generic Learning Outcomes Recognize & comply safe working practices, environment regulation and housekeeping. Mandatory 255 5 Understand and explain different mathematical calculation & science in the field of study including basic electrical. [Different mathematical calculation & science -Work, Power & Energy, Algebra, Geometry & Mensuration, Trigonometry, Heat & Temperature, L Mandatory 20 4 Interpret specifications, different engineering drawing and apply for different application in the field of work. [Different engineering drawing-Geometrical construction, Dimensioning, Layout, Method of representation, Symbol, scales, Different Projection Mandatory 25 5 Select and ascertain measuring instrument and measure dimension of components and record data. Mandatory 15 4 Explain the concept in productivity, quality tools, and labour welfare legislation and apply such in day to day work to improve productivity & quality. Mandatory 55 5 Explain energy conservation, global warming and pollution and contribute in day to day work by optimally using available resources. Mandatory 35 5 Explain personnel finance, entrepreneurship and manage/organize related task in day to day work for personal & societal growth Mandatory 15 5 Plan and organize the work related to the occupation Mandatory 10 5
- Formal structure of the qualification