- SectorCapital Goods & Manufacturing
- NSQF LevelLevel 5
- Notional Hours4160
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
After successful completion the passed out trainee
1. Can work in the industry as skilled turner.
2. Can work in the field of basic fitting, lathe, drilling, Inspection & measurement observing safety precautions.
3. Can perform all the turning operations on lathe & perform simple programming & operations on a CNC lathe.
4. Can handle different type of Fire extinguishers & personal protective equipment.
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Progression Pathway
• Can appear in 10+2 examination through National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) for acquiring higher secondary certificate and can go further for General/ Technical education.
• Can take admission in diploma course in notified branches of Engineering by lateral entry
• Can join as semi-skilled worker in the industry and can become supervisor after doing part-time diploma in relevant branch of Engineering
• Can join Apprenticeship programme in different types of industries leading to National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC) after which they will be employed in industry as skilled worker and can become supervisor after doing part-time diploma in relevant branch of Engineering
• Can join Crafts Instructor Training Scheme (CITS) in the trade for becoming instructor in ITIs.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Turner’ trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File QF Turner Jan 2017_V1 (1)_0.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Mandatory/ Optional Estimated size (Hours) Level (i) Plan and organize the work to make job as per specification applying different types of basic fitting operations & check for dimensional accuracy. [Basic Fitting Operation – Marking, Hack sawing, filing, drilling, taping etc.] Mandatory 190 5 (ii) Set different shaped jobs on different chuck and demonstrate conventional lathe machine operation observing standard operation practice. [Different chucks: - 3 jaws & 4 jaws, different shaped jobs: - round, hexagonal, square ] Mandatory 60 4 (iii) Prepare different cutting tool to produce jobs to appropriate accuracy by performing different turning operations. [Different cutting tool – V tool, side cutting, parting, thread cutting (both LH & RH), Appropriate accuracy: - ±0.06mm, Different tu Mandatory 370 4 (iv) Test the alignment of lathe by checking different parameters and adjust the tool post. [Different parameters – Axial slip of main spindle, true running of head stock, parallelism of main spindle, alignment of both the centres.] Mandatory 35 5 (v) Set different components of machine & parameters to produce taper/ angular components and ensure proper assembly of the components. [Different component of machine: - Form tool, Compound slide, tail stock offset, taper turning attachment. Different ma Mandatory 100 5 (vi) Set the different machining parameter & tools to prepare job by performing different boring operations. [Different machine parameter- Feed, speed & depth of cut; Different boring operation – Plain, stepped & eccentric] Mandatory 100 5 (vii) Set the different machining parameters to produce different threaded components applying method/ technique and test for proper assembly of the components. [Different thread: - BSW, Metric, Square, ACME, Buttress.] Mandatory 400 5 (viii) Set the different machining parameter & lathe accessories to produce components applying techniques and rules and check the accuracy. [Different machining parameters: - Speed, feed & depth of cut; Different lathe accessories: - Driving Plate, Stead Mandatory 35 5 (ix) Plan and perform basic maintenance of lathe & grinding machine and examine their functionality. Mandatory 35 5 (x) Plan & set the machine parameter to produce precision engineering component to appropriate accuracy by performing different turning operation. [Appropriate accuracy - ±0.02mm/ C40 (proof turning); Different turning operation – Plain turning, taper tur Mandatory 160 5 (xi) Set & Produce components on irregular shaped job using different lathe accessories. [Different Lathe accessories: - Face plate, angle plate] Mandatory 65 5 (xii) Plan and set the machine using lathe attachment to produce different utility component/ item as per drawing. [Different utility component/ item – Crank shaft (single throw), stub arbour with accessories etc.] Mandatory 160 5 (xiii) Set the machining parameters and produce & assemble components by performing different boring operations with an appropriate accuracy. [Different boring operation – eccentric boring, stepped boring; appropriate accuracy - ±0.05mm] Mandatory 130 5 (xiv) Calculate to set machine setting to produce different complex threaded component and check for functionality. [Different complex threaded component- Half nut, multi start threads (BSW, Metric & Square)] Mandatory 160 5 (xv) Set (both job and tool) CNC turn centre and produce components as per drawing by preparing part programme. Mandatory 380 5 (xvi) Manufacture and assemble components to produce utility items by performing different operations & observing principle of interchangeability and check functionality. [Utility item: - screw jack/ vice spindle/ Box nut, Marking block, drill chuck, coll Mandatory 160 4 (xvii) Make a process plan to produce components by performing special operations on lathe and check for accuracy. [Accuracy - ±0.02mm or proof machining & ±0.05mm bore; Special operation – Worm shaft cutting (shaft) boring, threading etc.] Mandatory 100 5 (xviii) Recognize & comply safe working practices, environment regulation and housekeeping. Mandatory 45 4 (xix) Understand and explain different mathematical calculation & science in the field of study including basic electrical. [Different mathematical calculation & science -Work, Power & Energy, Algebra, Geometry & Mensuration, Trigonometry, Heat & Temperat Mandatory 170 5 (xx) Interpret specifications, different engineering drawing and apply for different application in the field of work. [Different engineering drawing-Geometrical construction, Dimensioning, Layout, Method of representation, Symbol, scales, Different Proje Mandatory 255 5 (xxi) Select and ascertain measuring instrument and measure dimension of components and record data. Mandatory 40 4 (xxii) Explain the concept in productivity, quality tools, and labour welfare legislation and apply such in day to day work to improve productivity & quality. Mandatory 25 5 (xxiii) Explain energy conservation, global warming and pollution and contribute in day to day work by optimally using available resources. Mandatory 15 5 (xxiv) Explain personnel finance, entrepreneurship and manage/organize related task in day to day work for personal & societal growth. Mandatory 15 5 (xxv) Plan and organize the work related to the occupation Mandatory 50 5
- Formal structure of the qualification