- SectorCapital Goods & Manufacturing
- NSQF LevelLevel 5
- Notional Hours4160
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
Fitters have a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the following industries:
• Production & Manufacturing industries.
• Structural Fabrication like bridges, Roof structures, Building & construction.
• Automobile and allied industries
• Service industries like road transportation and Railways.
• Ship building and repair
• Infrastructure and defence organizations
• In public sector industries like BHEL, BEML, NTPC, etc and private industries in India & abroad.
• Self employment
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Progression Pathway
• Can appear in 10+2 examination through National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) for acquiring higher secondary certificate and can go further for General/ Technical education
• Can take admission in diploma course in notified branches of Engineering by lateral entry
• Can join as semi-skilled worker in the industry and can become supervisor after doing part-time diploma in relevant branch of Engineering
• Can join Apprenticeship programme in different types of industries leading to National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC) after which they will be employed in industry as skilled worker and can become supervisor after doing part-time diploma in relevant branch of Engineering
• Can join Crafts Instructor Training Scheme (CITS) in the relevant trade after which they will be employed in ITI/ Vocational Training Institute as instructor
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Fitter’ trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File Fitter 23rd Jan 2017.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Mandatory/ Optional Estimated size (Hours) Level (i) Plan and organize the work to make job as per specification applying different types of basic fitting operation and Check for dimensional accuracy. [Basic fitting operation – marking, Hacksawing, Chiseling, Filing, Drilling, Taping and Grinding etc. A Mandatory 355 5 (ii) Manufacture simple sheet metal items as per drawing and join them by soldering, brazing and riveting. Mandatory 170 4 (iii) Join metal component by arc welding observing standard procedure. Mandatory 60 4 (iv) Cut and join metal component by gas (oxy-acetylene Mandatory 60 4 (v) Join metal components by riveting observing standard procedure. Mandatory 60 4 (vi) Produce components by different operations and check accuracy using appropriate measuring instruments.[Different Operations - Drilling, Reaming, Taping, Dieing; Appropriate Measuring Instrument – Vernier, Screw Gauge, Micrometer] Mandatory 200 5 (vii) Make different fit of components for assembling as per required tolerance observing principle of interchangeability and check for functionality. [Different Fit – Sliding, Angular, Step fit, ‘T’ fit, Square fit and Profile fit; Required tolerance: ±0 Mandatory 230 4 (viii) Produce components involving different operations on lathe observing standard procedure and check for accuracy. [Different Operations – facing, plain turning, step turning, parting, chamfering, shoulder turn, grooving, knurling, boring, taper turni Mandatory 170 4 (ix) Plan & perform simple repair, overhauling of different machines and check for functionality. [Different Machines – Drill Machine, Power Saw, Bench Grinder and Mandatory 110 4 (x) Make & assemble components of different mating surfaces as per required tolerance by different surface finishing operations using different fastening components, tools and check functionality. [ Different Mating Surfaces – Dovetail fitting, Radi Mandatory 420 5 (xi) Make different gauges by using standard tools & equipment and checks for specified accuracy. [Different Gauges – Snap gauge, Gap gauge; Specified Accuracy - ±0.02mm Mandatory 170 5 (xii) Apply a range of skills to execute pipe joints, dismantle and assemble valves & fittings with pipes and test for leakages.[Range of skills – Cutting, Threading, Flaring, Bending and Joining ] Mandatory 110 5 (xiii) Make drill jig & produce components on drill machine by using jigs and check for correctness. Mandatory 60 4 (xiv) Identify, dismantle, replace and assemble different pneumatics and hydraulics components. [Different components – Compressor, Pressure Gauge, Filter Regulator Lubricator, Valves and Actuators.] Mandatory 62 4 (xv) Construct circuit of pneumatics and hydraulics observing standard operating procedure& safety aspect. Mandatory 60 5 (xvi) Plan, dismantle, repair and assemble different damaged mechanical components used for power transmission & check functionality. [Different Damage Mechanical Components – Pulley, Gear, Keys, Jibs and Shafts.] Mandatory 279 5 (xvii) Plan, erect simple machine and test machine tool accuracy. [Simple Machines – Drill Machine, Power Saw and Lathe] Mandatory 93 5 (xviii) Recognize & comply safe working practices, environment regulation and housekeeping Mandatory 10 4 (xix) Understand and explain different mathematical calculation & science in the field of study including basic electrical. [Different mathematical calculation & science -Work, Power & Energy, Algebra, Geometry & Mensuration, Trigonometry, Heat & Temperat Mandatory 170 5 (xx) Interpret specifications, different engineering drawing and apply for different application in the field of work. [Different engineering drawing-Geometrical construction, Dimensioning, Layout, Method of representation, Symbol, scales, Different Proje Mandatory 255 5 (xxi) Select and ascertain measuring instrument and measure dimension of components and record data. Mandatory 20 4 (xxii) Explain the concept in productivity, quality tools, and labour welfare legislation and apply such in day to day work to improve productivity & quality. Mandatory 25 5 (xxiii) Explain energy conservation, global warming and pollution and contribute in day to day work by optimally using available resources. Mandatory 15 4 (xxiv) Explain personnel finance, entrepreneurship and manage/organize related task in day to day work for personal & societal growth Mandatory 55 5 (xxv) Plan and organize the work related to the occupation Mandatory 35 5
- Formal structure of the qualification