- Originally Approved
- Last Revised
- NSQF LevelLevel 5
- Notional Hours4160
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
Electricians have a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs.
• After successful completion of this course, Electricians can aspire to become Electrical Contractors by acquiring the ‘B” licence from the Electrical Licence Board.
• They can set up their own Rewinding and servicing of Domestic Equipment shop.
• Job opportunities are wide open in Defence, Railways, Transport, Ship Building, Electricity Board, various Industries etc
They can also go for further higher studies after successful completion of course.
Students who have completed this course have found employment in the following areas:
Service/Maintenance Technician for domestic appliances in Reputed Companies
• Winder of Electrical Motors in winding shop
• Contractor for domestic wiring and industrial wiring
• Armature winder of Electrical fans and motors
• Electrical appliance repair in electrical shops
• Indian Railway (Asst. Driver, Tech. Gr. III, Appr. Technician)
• Local Electricity Board
• Assembler of Electrical control Gears
• Telephone Department
• Installation and Testing division of Auditorium and Cinema Hall
• As Instructor in Govt./Private ITI/ITC
• Merchant Navy
• Indian Air Force
• Self-Employment in Service Centre
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Progression Pathway
• Can appear in 10+2 examination through National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) for acquiring higher secondary certificate and can go further for General/ Technical education.
• Can take admission in diploma course in notified branches of Engineering by lateral entry
• Can join industry as semi-skilled worker in the industry and can become supervisor after doing part-time diploma in relevant branch of Engineering
• Can join Apprenticeship programme in different types of industries leading to National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC) after which they will be employed in industry as skilled worker and can become supervisor after doing part-time diploma in relevant branch of Engineering
• Can join Crafts Instructor Training Scheme (CITS) in the relevant trade after which they will be employed in ITI/ Vocational Training Institute as instructor.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ relevant experience can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Electrician’ trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File QF Electrician January 2017_V1_0.pdf
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Mandatory/ Optional Estimated size (Hours) Level (i) Apply safe working practices Mandatory 46 4 (ii) Comply environment regulation and housekeeping Mandatory 16 4 (iii) Prepare profile with an appropriate accuracy as per drawing. Mandatory 163 5 (iv) Prepare electrical wire joints, carry out soldering, crimping and measure insulation resistance of underground cable. Mandatory 163 4 (v) Verify characteristics of electrical and magnetic circuits. Mandatory 287 5 (vi) Install, test and maintenance of batteries and solar cell. Mandatory 70 4 (vii) Estimate, Assemble, install and test wiring system. Mandatory 194 5 (viii) Plan and prepare Earthing installation. Mandatory 39 5 (ix) Plan and execute electrical illumination system and test. Mandatory 70 5 (x) Plan and execute electrical illumination system and test. Mandatory 70 4 (xi) Perform testing, verify errors and calibrate instruments. Mandatory 39 5 (xii) Plan and carry out installation, fault detection and repairing of domestic appliances. Mandatory 70 5 (xiii) Execute testing, evaluate performance and maintenance of transformer. Mandatory 101 4 (xiv) Execute testing, and maintenance of DC machines and motor starters. Mandatory 70 4 (xv) Plan, Execute commissioning and evaluate performance of DC machines. Mandatory 163 5 (xvi) Distinguish, organise and perform motor winding. Mandatory 132 5 (xvii) Plan, Execute commissioning and evaluate performance of AC motors. Mandatory 101 5 (xviii) Execute testing, and maintenance of AC motors and starters. Mandatory 101 4 (xix) Plan, execute testing, evaluate performance and carry out maintenance of Alternator / MG set. Mandatory 132 5 (xx) Execute parallel operation of alternators. Mandatory 39 4 (xxi) Assemble simple electronic circuits and test for functioning. Mandatory 225 4 (xxii) Assemble accessories and carry out wiring of control cabinets and equipment. Mandatory 132 4 (xxiii) Perform speed control of AC and DC motors by using solid state devices. Mandatory 70 4 (xxiv) Detect the faults and troubleshoot inverter, stabilizer, battery charger, emergency light and UPS etc. Mandatory 70 5 (xxv) Erect overhead domestic service line and outline various power plant layout Mandatory 101 4 (xxvi) Examine the faults and carry out repairing of circuit breakers. Mandatory 31 5 (xxvii) Plan, assemble and install solar panel. Mandatory 39 4 (xxviii) Interpret & use company and technical communication Mandatory 35 5 (xxix) Demonstrate knowledge of concept and principles of basic arithmetic, algebraic, trigonometric, and statistics and apply knowledge of specific area to perform practical operations. Mandatory 84 5 (xxx) Understand and explain basic science in the field of study including friction, simple machine and heat and temperature Mandatory 84 5 (xxxi) Read and apply engineering drawing for different application in the field of work. Mandatory 252 5 (xxxii) Understand and explain the concept in productivity, quality tools, and labour welfare legislation and apply such in day to day work to improve productivity & quality. Mandatory 25 5 (xxxiii) Explain energy conservation, global warming and pollution and contribute in day to day work by optimally using available resources. Mandatory 15 5 (xxxiv) Explain personnel finance, entrepreneurship and manage/organize related task in day to day work for personal & societal growth. Mandatory 15 5 (xxxv) Understand and apply basic computer working, basic operating system and uses internet services to get accustomed & take benefit of IT developments in the industry. Mandatory 20 4