Electronics Mechanic (CTS)
- SectorElectronics & HW
- NSQF LevelLevel 5
- Notional Hours4160
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
• Fitting, assembly and repair of various kinds of electronic equipment in factory or workshop.
• Repair of computers, industrial controls, radar systems, transmitters and tele-metering control systems.
• Installation of television receivers and antennas.
• Installation of cable television cables and equipment.
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Progression Pathway
• Can appear in 10+2 examination through National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) for acquiring higher secondary certificate and can go further for General/ Technical education.
• Can take admission in diploma course in notified branches of Engineering by lateral entry
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Electronics Mechanic’ trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and trade directly. ent-->
- Qualification File QF El Mech Jan 2017_V1.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Mandatory/ Optional Estimated size (Hours) Level (i) Perform basic workshop operations using suitable tools for fitting, riveting, drilling etc observing suitable care & safety. Mandatory 65 4 (ii) Select and perform electrical/ electronic measurement of single range meters and calibrate the instrument. Mandatory 100 4 (iii) Test & service different batteries used in electronic applications and record the data to estimate repair cost. Mandatory 40 5 (iv) Plan and execute soldering & de-soldering of various electrical components like Switches, PCB & Transformers for electronic circuits. Mandatory 40 5 (v) Test various electronic components using proper measuring instruments and compare the data using standard parameter. Mandatory 160 5 (vi) Assemble simple electronic power supply circuit and test for functioning. Mandatory 100 4 (vii) Install, Configure, interconnect given computer system(s) and demonstrate & utilize application packages for different application. Mandatory 160 4 (viii) Construct, test and verify the input/output characteristic of various analog circuits. Mandatory 160 4 (ix) Plan and construct different power electronic circuits and analyse the circuit functioning. Mandatory 100 5 (x) Select the appropriate opto electronics components and verify the characteristics in different circuit. Mandatory 35 5 (xi) Assemble, test and troubleshoot various digital circuits. Mandatory 95 5 (xii) Simulate and analyze the analog and digital circuits using Electronic simulator software Mandatory 65 4 (xiii) Identify , place, solder and desolder and test different SMD discrete components and IC’s package with due care and following safety norms using proper tools/setup Mandatory 95 4 (xiv) Construct and test different circuits using ICs 741 Operational amplifiers & ICs 555 linear integrated circuits and execute the result Mandatory 125 5 (xv) Measure the various parameters by DSO and execute the result with standard one. Mandatory 40 4 (xvi) Rework on PCB after identifying defects from SMD soldering and de-soldering. Mandatory 65 4 (xvii) Construct different electrical control circuits and test for their proper functioning with due care and safety. Mandatory 65 5 (xviii) Prepare, crimp, terminate and test various cables used in different electronics industries Mandatory 65 4 (xix) Assemble and test a commercial AM /FM receiver and evaluate performance. Mandatory 65 4 (xx) Test, service and troubleshoot the various components of different domestic/ industrial programmable systems. Mandatory 100 5 (xxi) Execute the operation of different process sensors, identify, wire & test various sensors of different industrial processes by selecting appropriate test instruments Mandatory 65 4 (xxii) Plan and carry out the selection of a project, assemble the project and evaluate performance for a domestic /commercial applications. Mandatory 160 4 (xxiii) Prepare fibre optic setup and execute transmission and reception. Mandatory 35 5 (xxiv) Plan and Interface the LCD, LED DPM panels to various circuits and evaluate performance Mandatory 65 4 (xxv) Detect the faults and troubleshoot SMPS, UPS and inverter. Mandatory 190 5 (xxvi) Install a solar panel, execute testing and evaluate performance by connecting the panel to the inverter. Mandatory 95 4 (xxvii) Dismantle, identify the various parts and interface of a cell phone to a PC. Estimate and troubleshoot. Mandatory 65 5 (xxviii) Check the various parts of a LED lights and stacks and troubleshoot Mandatory 65 5 (xxix) Identify, operate various controls, troubleshoot and replace modules of the LCD/LED TV & its remote. Mandatory 160 5 Generic Learning Outcomes (i) Apply safe working practices. Mandatory 35 4 (ii) Comply environment regulation and housekeeping Mandatory 15 4 (iii) Interpret & use company and technical communication Mandatory 35 4 (iv) Demonstrate basic mathematical concept and principles to perform practical operations. Mandatory 85 5 (v) Understand and explain basic science in the field of study including simple machine. Mandatory 85 5 (vi) Read and apply engineering drawing for different application in the field of work. Mandatory 255 5 (vii) Understand and apply the concept in productivity, quality tools, and labour welfare legislation in day to day work to improve productivity & quality. Mandatory 25 5 (viii) Explain energy conservation, global warming and pollution and contribute in day to day work by optimally using available resources. Mandatory 10 5 (ix) Explain personnel finance, entrepreneurship and manage/organize related task in day to day work for personal & societal growth. Mandatory 15 5 (x) Utilize basic computer applications and internet to take benefit of IT developments in the industry. Mandatory 20 4
- Formal structure of the qualification