- SectorCapital Goods & Manufacturing
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours2080
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
Gas welding (includes gas cutting), Arc welding, TIG welding, MIG/MAG welding etc
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Progression Pathway
• Can join as semi-skilled worker in the industry and can become supervisor after doing part-time diploma in relevant branch of Engineering
• Can join Apprenticeship programme in different types of industries leading to National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC) after which they will be employed in industry as skilled worker and can become supervisor after doing part-time diploma in relevant branch of Engineering
• Can join Crafts Instructor Training Scheme (CITS) in the trade after which they will be employed in ITI/ Vocational Training Institute as instructor.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Welder’ trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File QF Welder January 2017_V1 (1).pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Mandatory/ Optional Estimated size (Hours) Level (i) Install and setup operating system and Set the gas welding plant and join MS sheet in different position. [Different position: - 1F, 2F, 3F, 1G, 2G, 3G.] Mandatory 65 4 (ii) Set the SMAW machine and perform different type of joints on MS in different position observing standard procedure. [different types of joints- Fillet ( T-joint, lap & Corner), Butt (Square & V); different position - 1F, 2F, 3F,4F, 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G] Mandatory 280 4 (iii) Set the oxy- acetylene cutting plant and perform different cutting operations on MS plate. [Different cutting operation – Straight, Bevel, circular] Mandatory 35 4 (iv) Perform welding in different types of MS pipe joints by Gas welding (OAW). [Different types of MS pipe joints – Butt, Elbow, T-joint, angle (45) joint, flange joint] Mandatory 110 4 (v) Set the SMAW machine and perform welding in different types of MS pipe joints by SMAW. [Different types of MS pipe joints – Butt, Elbow, T-joint, angle (45) joint, flange joint] Mandatory 80 4 (vi) Choose appropriate welding process and perform joining of different types of metals and check its correctness. [appropriate welding process – OAW, SMAW; Different metal – SS, CI, Brass, Aluminium] Mandatory 80 5 (vii) Demonstrate arc gauging operation to rectify the weld joints. Mandatory 20 4 (viii) Test welded joints by different methods of testing. [different methods of testing- Dye penetration test, Magnetic particle test, Nick break test, Free band test, Fillet fracture test] Mandatory 35 4 (ix) Set GMAW machine and perform welding in different types of joints on MS sheet/plate by GMAW in various positions by dip mode of metal transfer. [different types of joints- Fillet ( T-joint, lap, Corner), Butt (Square & V); various positions- 1F, 2F, Mandatory 310 4 (x) Set the GTAW machine and perform welding by GTAW in different types of joints on different metals in different position and check correctness of the weld. [different types of joints- Fillet ( T-joint, lap, Corner), Butt (Square & V) ; different metals Mandatory 130 4 (xi) Perform Aluminium & MS pipe joint by GTAW in flat position. Mandatory 45 3 (xii) Set the Plasma Arc cutting machine and cut ferrous & non-ferrous metals. Mandatory 20 4 (xiii) Set the resistance spot welding machine and join MS & SS sheet. Mandatory 35 4 (xiv) Perform joining of different similar and dissimilar metals by brazing operation as per standard procedure. [different similar and dissimilar metals- Copper, MS, SS] Mandatory 60 3 (xv) Repair Cast Iron machine parts by selecting appropriate welding process. [Appropriate welding process- OAW, SMAW] Mandatory 20 4 (xvi) Hard facing of alloy steel components / MS rod by using hard facing electrode. Mandatory 20 4 (xvii) Recognize & comply safe working practices, environment regulation and housekeeping Mandatory 35 4 (xviii) Understand and explain different mathematical calculation & science in the field of study including basic electrical. [Different mathematical calculation & science -Work, Power & Energy, Algebra, Geometry & Mensuration, Trigonometry, Heat & Temper Mandatory 86 5 (xix) Interpret specifications, different engineering drawing and apply for different application in the field of work. [Different engineering drawing-Geometrical construction, Dimensioning, Layout, Method of representation, Symbol, Different Projections, Mandatory 129 5 (xx) Select and measure dimension of components and record data. Mandatory 15 4 (xxi) Explain the concept in productivity, quality tools, and labour welfare legislation and apply such in day to day work to improve productivity & quality. Mandatory 13 5 (xxii) Explain energy conservation, global warming and pollution and contribute in day to day work by optimally using available resources. Mandatory 6 5 (xxiii) Explain personnel finance, entrepreneurship and manage/organize related task in day to day work for personal & societal growth. Mandatory 6 5 (xxiv) Plan and execute the work related to the occupation. Mandatory 20 5
- Formal structure of the qualification