Operator Sinter Plant Equipments (ATS)
- Job Description The learner should carry out the regular routine check up and maintain the equipments ,inspect the Drum Lubrication online and grease of tires, water spray nozzles , Discharge chute and inlet chute, as per specification, applying different types of basic lubrication operation conforming to specifications.
- SectorIron & Steel
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours2580
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
Operator Sinter Plant Equipments trade has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
3135.9900_Metal Production Process Controllers, other
Manufacturing & Process industries like steel plant and other related industries
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, NAC holder trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
- Only those candidates will be allowed to appear in the Test conducted by NCVT as Private candidate who have already acquired the National Trade Certificate.
- Three (03) years experience of the candidates wishing to appear as Private candidate after obtaining NTC should be in the same trade in which he proposed to acquire the National Apprenticeship Certificate.
- Private candidates possessing the minimum educational qualification required for engagement as an apprentice in that particular trade and the minimum experience as stated above would only be permitted.
- Candidates are to be sponsored by an establishment and should not be entertained directly.
- Only, the experience acquired by the candidate in an establishment implementing the Apprentices Act, 1961 should be considered and such certificate should be issued by the Officer In-charge of Training of that establishment.
- Qualification File QF_ATS_Operator Sinter Plant Eqpt.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Introduction to Sinter Plant Practice the use of protective devices like helmet, gloves, safety belts, gas safety devices, fire fighting equipments, draw layout of sintering plant, assembly point, emergency exits, identify hazardous areas of sintering pla 100 3 Sinter plant equipments: Carry out operation of various material handling equipments with monitoring and logging of operational parameters, schedule and check up critical points before start up, do inspection during running of equipments. Carry out housek 150 4 Material receiving and proportioning: Practice operation of weigh feeders/ receiving conveyors, identify aspects for material receiving like sequence of bunker filling, level of filling , withdrawal sequence etc., Calibrate weigh feeders, Carry out onlin 150 4 Balling and Nodulising Drum Operation: Carry out operation in local and auto mode, inspect the Drum Lubrication online and grease of tires, water spray nozzles , Discharge chute and inlet chute, cleaning and housekeeping equipment , operate during condit 150 4 Compressor Operation: Operate compressor both in local and auto mode, inspect the compressor Lubrication online, practice check up procedure before start up, clean filters, practice housekeeping activities of equipment, operate during conditions of over 150 4 Pump House Operation: Operate pumps both in local and auto mode, inspect pump and glands online, practice check up procedure before start up, carry out gland packing, practice housekeeping activities of equipment, practice operation during conditions of 150 4 Exhauster Operation: Operate exhauster in local mode, inspect exhauster Online, practice check up procedure before start up, carry out gland packing, Housekeeping activities of equipment, housekeeping equipment , operate during conditions of overload, ja 150 4 Gas Mixing and Boosting Station: Operate gas boosters in local mode and Auto mode, practice check up procedure before start up, carry out gland packing, Housekeeping activities of equipment, housekeeping equipment , operate during conditions of overloa 150 4 Sinter machine operation: Practice upkeep of segregation plate & Deflector plate, raw mix bin level control, moisture control, temperature and machine speed. load sinter machine, adjust bed height, start and stop sinter machine, practice operation of equi 150 4 Sinter Dispatch operation: Practice operation of disposal route, practice check up procedure before start up, housekeeping activities and actions during emergency conditions. Clean chutes, practice running checkups for conveyors, carry out surge bin op 150 4 Pollution Control Equipments Operation: Operate Electro Static Precipitator (ESP), flight conveyors, sluice feeders, DDGV (Double Dust Gate Valve), Flap gates, practice check up procedure before start up, housekeeping activities of equipment and actions 150 4 Technical Cell: Practice data entry in Computers, Practice operation of Management information system, record keeping & backing up, prepare daily, monthly and yearly report, carry out data exchange with concerned departments 150 4 Sinter Screening System: Operate sinter screens in auto and local mode, practice oil cellar operation, check and upkeep of mats, clean screen chutes , practice housekeeping activities of equipment and actions during emergency conditions 150 4 Lime Dosing System:Operate lime dozing equipments from control panel, lime tanker and compressed air tanks and practice operation of safety devices installed in lime tankers 180 4 Total (Block-I) 2080 4 Basic Training, internal assessment and Examination 500 4 Total 2580 4
- Formal structure of the qualification