Assistant Beautician (ATS)
- Job Description The individual works under beauty experts and assists them in delivering beauty services to clients. He/she greets clients, follows up with them for appointments and other beauty related queries or complaints. He/she maintains the salon ambience, cleanliness & hygiene. The person arranges & organises the beauty tool kits/equipment and maintain their hygiene; performs basic epilation, pedicure, manicure and basic face care services. He/she also knows about functions of different beauty products, tools & equipment for applying different beauty techniques; prepares & maintain the treatment work areas and operates beauty tools & equipments.
- Last Revised
- SectorBeauty & Wellness
- Notional Hours2080
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
ASSISTANT BEAUTICIAN has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the following occupations:
- Assistant Beautician
- Beauticians and Related Workers, Others
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, NAC holder trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘ASSISTANT BEAUTICIAN’ trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File QF_ATS_Assistant Beautician.pdf
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Prepare & maintain the beauty care treatment work areas. 120 3 Set trolley and facial bed as per industry standard for the beauty therapy. 120 3 Operate latest tools & equipments and apply different techniques for effective outcome of beauty services. 140 4 Acquire knowledge of skin, Nail structure and identify Skin & Nail conditions. 140 4 Select and use latest cosmetic products suitable as per the client skin condition. 130 4 Perform basic manicure, pedicure & basic face care services. 140 4 Identify contraindications related to chemical services. 130 4 Select & apply appropriate sterilizing and disinfecting methods for various beauty care equipment/tools. 140 4 Assist beauty expert in performing facial treatments to improve skin condition. 130 4 Carry out basic epilation services to suit client requirements. 130 4 Apply make-up according to different facial shapes & age as per the need. 130 4 Communicate, convince & behave in a professional manner while dealing with clients. 140 4 Attend calls, reply mails & co-ordinate with clients regarding appointment or any other concern. 140 4 Provide after care advice to clients. 130 4 Maintain the salon cleanliness & hygiene. 120 3 Apply Fire fighting methods; operate fire extinguishers and application of first aid. 100 4 Basic Training, internal assessment and Examination 500 4 Total 2580 4