Food Production (Vegetarian) (ATS)
- Job Description Food Production (Vegetarian) selects raw material, uses kitchen equipments, safely handles them, prepares raw materials, cooks and serves food presentably maintaining food nutrition. Use appropriate personal hygiene and minimal wastages with safety measures.
- SectorFood Industry
- NSQF LevelLevel 5
- Notional Hours4140
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
Food production has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Hotels, restaurant kitchen. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the Hotel industries for following occupations:
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, NAC holder trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
- Only those candidates will be allowed to appear in the Test conducted by NCVT as Private candidate who have already acquired the National Trade Certificate.
- Three (03) years experience of the candidates wishing to appear as Private candidate after obtaining NTC should be in the same trade in which he proposed to acquire the National Apprenticeship Certificate.
- Private candidates possessing the minimum educational qualification required for engagement as an apprentice in that particular trade and the minimum experience as stated above would only be permitted.
- Candidates are to be sponsored by an establishment and should not be entertained directly.
- Only, the experience acquired by the candidate in an establishment implementing the Apprentices Act, 1961 should be considered and such certificate should be issued by the Officer In-charge of Training of that establishment.
- Qualification File QF_ATS_Food Production (Vegetarian).pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Knowledge of utensils &equipments and chemical and sanitizing agents used for kitchen tools and equipments. 240 5 Knowledge of spices and herbs 120 4 Perform cooking methods with specific utensils and explain effect of heat on foods. 240 5 Prepare chutney and dips by using appropriate machines and kitchen tools. 120 5 Prepare Indian breads and Tandoor dishes. 120 5 Prepare basic Indian gravies such as Tomato, Onion, Cashew and Yoghurt. 80 5 Prepare dishes with veg. gravy. 80 5 Prepare rice, pulaos, Veg biryanis and daals by using kitchen tools. 80 5 Prepare Indian sweet dishes such as Burfee, Balushahi, Halwas, Gulabjamun, jalabi, Gujias, phirnee and Rasgulla. 240 5 Prepare different types of regional foods. 240 5 Total 1560 5 Prepare and explain stocks, soups and sauces by using kitchen tools. 200 5 Prepare hor d’ oeuvres, canapés and sandwiches. 200 5 Prepare and cook vegetables for European cuisine. 600 5 Prepare farinaceous products as spaghetti & macroni. 200 5 Prepare different types of Regional foods. 200 5 Prepare and cook rice, beans & pulses, pasta and pasta sauces. 180 5 Prepare bakery and confectionery products such as breakfast breads, waffles & pancakes, cookies and basic calligraphy for cake decoration. 180 5 Prepare snacks, pickles, preserve, chutney, sauces and raitha. 200 5 Explain food safety standards and food adulteration and wire ropes etc. 120 4 Total 2080 5 (Optional – Place of European Cuisine) 120 5 Knowledge of Utensils &equipments and chemical and cleaning agents used for kitchen tools and equipments. 120 5 Prepare dim-sums by using appropriate machines and tools. 120 5 Perform cooking methods with specific utensils and explain effect of heat on foods. 120 5 Prepare rice and noodles by using appropriate machines and tools. 120 5 Perform the uses of sauces, spices and condiments for finished dishes in Chinese cuisine. 1000 5 Basic Training, internal assessment and Examination 4140 Total