Housekeeper (Hospital) (ATS)
- Job Description Organize, supervise and carryout different housekeeping functions of a Hospital. They are responsible for sustaining a sterile environment in all areas of the hospital by cleaning rooms, making beds, replenishing linens and maintaining floors etc.
- Last Revised
- SectorTourism & Hospitality
- Notional Hours2580
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
HOUSEKEEPER (HOSPITAL) has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, Tourism and hospitality jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
- Housekeeper (Institutional)/ Housekeeping Supervisor
- Matron, House Keeping Corporate Housekeeping
- Cleaning and Housekeeping Supervisors in Offices, Hotels and Other Establishments, Other
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, NAC holder trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
- Only those candidates will be allowed to appear in the Test conducted by NCVT as Private candidate who have already acquired the National Trade Certificate.
- Three (03) years experience of the candidates wishing to appear as Private candidate after obtaining NTC should be in the same trade in which he proposed to acquire the National Apprenticeship Certificate.
- Private candidates possessing the minimum educational qualification required for engagement as an apprentice in that particular trade and the minimum experience as stated above would only be permitted.
- Candidates are to be sponsored by an establishment and should not be entertained directly.
- Only, the experience acquired by the candidate in an establishment implementing the Apprentices Act, 1961 should be considered and such certificate should be issued by the Officer In-charge of Training of that establishment.
- Qualification File QF_ATS_Housekeeper (Hospital).pdf
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Identify hospital housekeeping services and activities. 200 4 Maintain high standards of cleanliness throughout the hospital, all rooms and areas. 220 4 Identify all hospital services and activities. 200 4 Ensure all patient and team members’ laundry and dry cleaning is processed in accordance with hospital procedures, charges are raised and documentation completed for hospital audit procedures. 220 5 Order, receive and issue cleaning materials and carry out stock takes as required. 200 4 Adhere strictly to security procedures laid down by the hospital including keys, stock, cash and property. 150 4 Record and report all faults and damage arising to Maintenance. 200 4 Ensure all housekeeping equipment is used safely and effectively and on all occasions, safe and hygienic working practices in order to satisfy Health and Safety at Work and other statutory legislation. 250 5 Adhere strictly to fire procedure precautions and bomb threat procedures as laid down standards in order to satisfy statutory legislation. 220 4 Adhere strictly to Health Safety procedures. 220 4 Total (Block-I) 2080 4 Basic Training, internal assessment and Examination 500 4 Sub Total (A) 2580 4