Housekeeper (Domestic) (ATS)
- Job Description Domestic Housekeepers organize, supervise and carry out various housekeeping functions in private households with or without the support of subordinate staff. Ensure proper maintenance and cleanliness of house. Look after needs and comforts of guests and visitors.
- Last Revised
- SectorTourism & Hospitality
- Notional Hours2580
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
HOUSEKEEPER (DOMESTIC) has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, Tourism and hospitality jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
- Housekeeper (Domestic)
- Domestic Housekeepers, Others
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, NAC holder trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
- Only those candidates will be allowed to appear in the Test conducted by NCVT as Private candidate who have already acquired the National Trade Certificate.
- Three (03) years experience of the candidates wishing to appear as Private candidate after obtaining NTC should be in the same trade in which he proposed to acquire the National Apprenticeship Certificate.
- Private candidates possessing the minimum educational qualification required for engagement as an apprentice in that particular trade and the minimum experience as stated above would only be permitted.
- Candidates are to be sponsored by an establishment and should not be entertained directly.
- Only, the experience acquired by the candidate in an establishment implementing the Apprentices Act, 1961 should be considered and such certificate should be issued by the Officer In-charge of Training of that establishment.
- Qualification File QF_ATS_Housekeeper (Domestic).pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Identify all domestic housekeeping activities and services, importance and role of House Keeping in Domestic place/society. 100 4 Coordinate House Keeping activities of a guest house with other departments following Rules of guest house and regular Work Routine. 100 4 Identify various types of Cleaning Equipments. Select, use, care, store, distribute and control Cleaning Agents. 100 4 Use and care manual equipment for cleaning (scrubbing and cleaning of floors etc.) ensuring hygienic and safe cleaning. 120 4 Maintain high standards of cleanliness throughout the household, all rooms and areas following principles of Cleaning viz. Weekly Cleaning/ Spring-cleaning etc. and Special Cleaning Tasks. 100 4 Plan and Perform Scheduling and Record Keeping of Cleaning. Follow procedures when cleaning an Occupied/Vacant room. 100 4 Carry out Bed Making. Follow daily routine systems for the House Keeping staff. 100 4 Perform Cleaning of Glass Surfaces, Wood and Allied Surfaces, Metals- Copper/ Brass/ Silver/ Aluminium and Steel, Leather/ Rexene/ Plastic/ and Ceramics for cleaning Lamps, tube lights, fans, electric switch boards etc., sofa, curtains, carpets, cushions 130 4 Clean kitchen and kitchen ware: racks, kitchen utensils, washbasin, trolleys etc. maintaining hygiene in kitchen area. 110 4 Perform deep cleaning the wash rooms with pressure water wash and overhead water tank cleaning. 120 4 Organize a Maids trolley. 100 4 Carry out cleaning of water purification services and basic maintenance like plumbing, fittings for household electrical system and housing sanitation. 110 4 Clean garden/terrace and maintain them. 100 4 Maintain various records like Checklist/ Occupancy list/ Floor register etc 110 4 Record and report all faults and damage arising due to Maintenance. 110 4 Remove and dispose of garbage and waste materials. 110 4 Apply pest control system viz. spraying, fogging and gel treatment etc. 120 4 Apply knowledge of hygiene care (especially for Baby and old age people), knowledge of taking care of Child/ old people, child/old psychology and taking care all the time for assisting all day activities. 120 4 Ensure the safety and first aid to the housing area using practical knowledge about functioning of various kinds of fire extinguisher, knowledge and application of basic first aid etc. 120 5 Total (Block-I) 2080 4 Basic Training, internal assessment and Examination 500 4 Total 2580 4
- Formal structure of the qualification