Welder(Pipe and Pressure Vessels) (ATS)
- Job Description Fuses metal parts of Pipe & Pressure vessels together using various welding techniques as per requirement. Welds M.S. Sheet and M.S. pipe by GAS welding process, M.S. Plate in all position by SMAW process. Undertakes repair & maintenance works- Gouging, Gas and Plasma cutting on M.S. plates, Groove welding on M.S. plate in 1G, 2G, 3G & 4G positions. Prepares and weld pipes in 1G, 2G, 5G & 6G positions by SMAW & GTAW. Prepare and fit pipes for T, Y, K joints and weld by SMAW & GMAW. Inspects and test welds by using Non-destructive Testing method.
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours2580
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
Welder (Pipe and pressure vessels) has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
- Welder(pipe and pressure vessels)
- Welder (Gas & Electric)
- Welder, Machine operates
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, NAC holder trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
- Only those candidates will be allowed to appear in the Test conducted by NCVT as Private candidate who have already acquired the National Trade Certificate.
- Three (03) years experience of the candidates wishing to appear as Private candidate after obtaining NTC should be in the same trade in which he proposed to acquire the National Apprenticeship Certificate.
- Private candidates possessing the minimum educational qualification required for engagement as an apprentice in that particular trade and the minimum experience as stated above would only be permitted.
- Candidates are to be sponsored by an establishment and should not be entertained directly.
- Only, the experience acquired by the candidate in an establishment implementing the Apprentices Act, 1961 should be considered and such certificate should be issued by the Officer In-charge of Training of that establishment.
- Qualification File QF_ATS_Welder (Pipe and Pressure Vessels).pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Familiarization with machinery in shop & safety equipments and their use. 120 4 Pipe and plate flange joint welding T & Y pipe joint welding 120 4 Groove welding on plate in 1G & 2G positions, Inspection and clearance using LPI testing during Root pass and cover pass 120 4 Grove welding 3G & 4G position and root pass and cover pass welding and LPI testing. 120 4 Welding of pipes (schedule 40) in 1G& 2G position, Inspection and clearance using LPI testing during Root pass and cover pass 160 4 Root welding of pipes (schedule 40) in 5G position - Intermediate and cover pass welding in 5G points, Inspection and clearance using LPI testing 160 4 Root pass welding of pipes(schedule 40) 1G & 2G positions by TIG, Square butt joint on M.S. plate in 4G position, Inspection and clearance using LPI testing 160 4 Root pass welding of pipes (schedule 60) 5G & 6G positions by TIG, Inspection and clearance using LPI testing 120 4 Pipe welding dia 50mm in 2G position by GTAW, Inspection and clearance using LPI testing 120 4 Root pass welding of pipes (schedule 80) 6G positions by SMAW (by pipe welding electrode), Inspection and clearance using LPI testing 120 4 Pipe (schedule 40/60/80) welding by GMAW in 1G position. 160 4 Dissimilar welding like SS and MS by SMAW/TIG. 120 4 Setting of CO2 plant for welding and practice on submerged arc welding. 160 4 Dimensional inspection of weldments, Visual inspection of weldments, Non-destructive testing of weldments, Bend Testing of specimen according to codes and standards 160 4 Testing of specimen with codes and standards, weld test on plates and pipe, Preparation of WPS and PQR, Welding inspection and test, Perform Ultrasonic Testing, Radiographic film reviewing. 160 4 Total (Block-I) 2080 4 Basic Training, internal assessment and Examination 500 4 Total 2580 4
- Formal structure of the qualification