Computer Networking Technician (ATS)
- Job DescriptionComputer Networking Technician personnel supports and maintains computer network systems and related devices which includes installing, configuring, operating, repairing, diagnosing, maintaining, and upgrading all network devices and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours2080
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
Computer Networking Technician has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
- To support and maintain computer network systems and related devices.
- Installing, configuring, operating, repairing, diagnosing, maintaining, and upgrading all network devices and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance.
- Ability to control network programs, network management, and network architecture
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, NAC holder trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
- Only those candidates will be allowed to appear in the Test conducted by NCVT as Private candidate who have already acquired the National Trade Certificate.
- Three (03) years experience of the candidates wishing to appear as Private candidate after obtaining NTC should be in the same trade in which he proposed to acquire the National Apprenticeship Certificate.
- Private candidates possessing the minimum educational qualification required for engagement as an apprentice in that particular trade and the minimum experience as stated above would only be permitted.
- Candidates are to be sponsored by an establishment and should not be entertained directly.
- Only, the experience acquired by the candidate in an establishment implementing the Apprentices Act, 1961 should be considered and such certificate should be issued by the Officer In-charge of Training of that establishment.
- Qualification File QF_ATS_Computer Networking Technician.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Safety and best practices (5S, KAIZEN etc.) 70 4 Record keeping and documentation 110 4 Identify and test the Computer devices/ components 200 4 Repair & Maintenance work 150 4 Install the Linux/Windows Operating System; configure server, adding user, Creating and managing user, effective access permission. 120 4 Create and manage the network shares, share permission, domain user account configuration, user account properties, domain groups, managing ports, installing and configuration of printer, scanner, disk management tools and tasks, implementing file and fol 140 4 Work and configure the various types of network devices like Ethernet cards, routers, manageable switches, HUB, gateways, firewalls, modems, connector and cables. 150 4 Make network cable by crimping the straight and cross CAT 5 cables and punching with IO Box, HUB/Switch and patch panel. 120 4 Configure a peer to peer network, data communication, connecting computers with network through cable and using Wi-Fi configuration. 120 4 Configure IP address (IP4/IP6) to IP routing, subnetting and supernetting the network, managing TCP/IP protocol. 120 4 Install & configure terminal services, managing server remotely using terminal services (remote desktop) backup restoring data installing DNS, networks installing & configuring DHCP, remote access & VPN configuring & implementing remote access server conf 130 4 Share resource and advance sharing setting, installing proxy server, installing and configuring internet connection on a PC using Broadband or Dongle. 120 4 Set up basic protection using public keys and MAC address filters. Integrate wired with wireless network. Power over Ethernet (PoE). Troubleshooting wired and wireless network. 140 4 Identify fault and Trouble shooting in different types of networks. Troubleshooting of network and its configuration and different types of cabling techniques. Working with hardware of servers and its configuration. 130 4 Set up the basic collaboration tool like NetMeeting for activities like chat, application sharing, remote desktop access and control, VoIP. Setup IP camera for basic surveillance scenario, logging and monitoring of devices / locations. 140 4 Practice on firewall technologies to secure the network perimeter, Practice LAN and Wi-Fi configuration to implement security considerations. 120 4 Total (Block-I) 2080 4 Basic Training, internal assessment and Examination 500 Total 2580 4
- Formal structure of the qualification