Operator Coke Oven Battery Equipment (ATS)
- Job Description The individual operates & maintains coke oven battery. He/she is responsible for coal preparation, moisture control and its handling/ rising to coal towers; maintains battery heating system and battery temperature; maintains battery anchorage system; operates and maintains quenching system (Wet and Dry) wharf operation and coke sizing, moisture control, coke handling etc. (in the safest way) according to SOP (Standard Operation Procedure). Plans and organizes assigned work and detects & resolves issues during execution; demonstrate possible solutions and agrees tasks within the team.
- Last Revised
- SectorIron & Steel
- Notional Hours2580
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
Operator coke oven battery equipment has a wide scope of Employability in contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
- Operator coke oven battery equipment
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, NAC holder trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
- Only those candidates will be allowed to appear in the Test conducted by NCVT as Private candidate who have already acquired the National Trade Certificate.
- Three (03) years experience of the candidates wishing to appear as Private candidate after obtaining NTC should be in the same trade in which he proposed to acquire the National Apprenticeship Certificate.
- Private candidates possessing the minimum educational qualification required for engagement as an apprentice in that particular trade and the minimum experience as stated above would only be permitted.
- Candidates are to be sponsored by an establishment and should not be entertained directly.
- Only, the experience acquired by the candidate in an establishment implementing the Apprentices Act, 1961 should be considered and such certificate should be issued by the Officer In-charge of Training of that establishment.
- Qualification File QF_ATS_Operator COBE.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Read the safety signs, symbols and interpret the meaning of them and practice the precautions to be followed on general, personnel workshop safety. 180 4 Practice the preventive measures to be followed to avoid electrical accidents and Use the first aid kits and fire extinguishers 160 4 Understand environment, environment Pollution, Pollutants, types and Practice the disposal procedure of waste materials to use it effectively without causing much environment pollution 200 4 Dismantle or remove worn out broken or defective parts using proper hand tools and replace them by repairing the same or with new one, to ensure correct performance. 200 4 Operate the coke oven battery equipment for process involving coke making, analyzing and pollution control. 260 4 Operate the car operation process of Ram/pusher as door man for SCP machine 240 4 Perform the charging car operation and jobs as lid man 220 4 Repair different door leakage, de-carbonization and safe handling of the equipment on ram/pusher car operations and Operate the same. 180 4 Perform the operations of quenching car operations 200 4 Perform the quality check on the finished product 120 4 Perform the different types of documentation as per the industrial need by different methods of recording information. 120 4 Total ( Block –I) 2080 4 Basic Training, internal assessment Examination 500 4 TOTAL 2580 4
- Formal structure of the qualification