Mechanic Auto Electrical and Electronics (ATS)
- Job Description Mechanic Auto Electrical &Electronics installs, repairs, replaces and overhauls wiring, starters, generators, distributors and other electrical equipment of motor vehicles. Responsible for dismantle and repair of electrical units and components such as generator, distributor etc. where required in industries.
- Last Revised
- SectorElectronics & HW
- NSQF LevelLevel 5
- Notional Hours3120
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
Mechanic Auto Electrical and Electronicshas a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
- Electrician, Automobile
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, NAC holder trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
- Only those candidates will be allowed to appear in the Test conducted by NCVT as Private candidate who have already acquired the National Trade Certificate.
- Three (03) years experience of the candidates wishing to appear as Private candidate after obtaining NTC should be in the same trade in which he proposed to acquire the National Apprenticeship Certificate.
- Private candidates possessing the minimum educational qualification required for engagement as an apprentice in that particular trade and the minimum experience as stated above would only be permitted.
- Candidates are to be sponsored by an establishment and should not be entertained directly.
- Only, the experience acquired by the candidate in an establishment implementing the Apprentices Act, 1961 should be considered and such certificate should be issued by the Officer In-charge of Training of that establishment.
- Qualification File QF_ATS_Mech Auto Elect & Electronics.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Identify components and their locations indicated on the wiring diagram. 40 4 Identify the power source, ground connection, and controls for electrical circuits using a wiring diagram. 40 4 Diagnose series, parallel, series-parallel circuits. 40 5 Use of service manual wiring diagram for troubleshooting 80 5 Operate Electrical Test Bench & Diode Tester. 80 5 Routine maintenance of terminal joints, wiring and renewal of damaged wires. 80 4 Check fuse and replace. 40 4 Testing of relay and solenoids and its circuit. 40 4 Preparing wiring harness as per colour code 120 5 Trouble shooting of Instrument panel circuits, dashboard electrical circuits such as hazard sensing, warning & safety devices. 120 5 Booster starting of engine. 40 5 Check battery voltage and practice on battery charging by series and parallel 40 5 Maintenance of battery 60 5 Trouble shooting of battery 80 5 Head light focusing and use of Lux meter 60 5 Diagnosis of car radio wiring and speaker circuits problem 40 5 Servicing, repair and testing of various types of wiper motors, and accessories 80 5 Trouble shooting of wiper motor circuit with fuse. 60 5 Servicing, repairing and adjusting of electric horns. 60 5 Trouble shooting of Power window and accessories. 60 5 Repair and testing of various types of Power window and accessories. 60 5 Repair and testing of Side indicators, parking, hazards, brake light, reverse light, fog light. 80 5 Repair and testing of Door light/Roof light/Cabin light 60 5 Trouble shooting of central locking. 40 5 Repair and Testing of central locking. 60 5 Total (Block-I) 1560 5 Inspect, test and diagnose starting system 40 5 Overhauling of various types of Starter motor 60 5 Inspect, test and diagnose charging system 60 5 Overhauling of Alternator 60 5 Test alternator in an auto electrical test bench 40 5 Test starter in an auto electrical test bench 40 5 Trouble shooting in Ignition system 40 5 Overhauling & Testing Ignition system components. 60 5 Setting ignition timing 40 5 Diagnose engine electronic problems with scan tool 80 5 Diagnose and Testing of Temperature sensor, Pressure senor, potentiometer, magnetic induction sensor, cam shaft sensor, crankshaft position sensor. 60 5 Trouble shooting in MPFI wiring circuit 60 5 Testing of MPFI components and replacement if necessary. 60 5 Troubleshooting in CRDI wiring circuit 80 5 Testing of CRDI components and replacement if necessary. 60 5 Check delivery from HP fuel Pump. 60 5 Performance test on A/c unit. 40 5 Insufficient cooling, Troubleshoot Abnormal noise from Magnetic clutch, Blower motor. Condenser Fan. 40 5 Checking Thermostatic Switch sensor its circuit. 40 5 Diagnose seat belt systems wiring system. 40 5 Diagnose air bag system wiring circuits and service warnings. 40 5 Diagnose AT system wiring circuits 80 5 Inspection of power steering control module circuit. Checking & adjusting power steering fluid, Pressure testing a power steering system, Flushing a power steering system. 80 5 Trouble shooting and remedy for steering wheel feels heavy at low speed, poor recovery from turns, 60 5 Diagnosis ABS problems 80 5 Inspection of shift lever switch, throttle position sensor, speed sensor and automatic transmission wiring harness coupler 60 5 Identify various components of Electric and Hybrid vehicles. 40 4 Check Traction Motor for Proper Functioning. 60 5 Total (Block-II) 1560 5 Basic Training, internal assessment and Examination 1000 5 Total 4120 5