Battery repairer (ATS)
- Job Description Battery Repairer inspects electrical connections of storage batteries following wiring diagram, checks batteries for defects, installs recharged or repaired battery or cells using hand tools. Cleans cells, cell assemblies etc and ensures safety of environment.
- SectorElectronics & HW
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours2080
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
‘Battery repairer’has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
- Battery Repairer
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, NAC holder trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
- Only those candidates will be allowed to appear in the Test conducted by NCVT as Private candidate who have already acquired the National Trade Certificate.
- Three (03) years experience of the candidates wishing to appear as Private candidate after obtaining NTC should be in the same trade in which he proposed to acquire the National Apprenticeship Certificate.
- Private candidates possessing the minimum educational qualification required for engagement as an apprentice in that particular trade and the minimum experience as stated above would only be permitted.
- Candidates are to be sponsored by an establishment and should not be entertained directly.
- Only, the experience acquired by the candidate in an establishment implementing the Apprentices Act, 1961 should be considered and such certificate should be issued by the Officer In-charge of Training of that establishment.
- Qualification File QF_ATS_Battery Repairer.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Observe & practice safety in all industry works. Practice providing First Aid/Artificial respiration. Practice safe operational procedures for breakdown/preventive maintenance. 80 4 Identify & use trade hand tools. 80 4 Carryout chipping, filing, grinding, hack sawing, fitting & carpentry jobs. Drill and tap holes. Carry out Cutting and riveting. Make single and double rectangular boards 80 4 Measure voltage, current, resistance power & energy in DC & AC(1ph & 3ph) circuits 80 4 Troubleshoot, repair & maintain lights, fans and power appliances. Wire up in PVC casing & capping. 80 4 Connect, test, repair& maintain domestic appliances. 100 4 Test wiring installations by meggar. 100 4 Troubleshoot power supply parts such as rectifiers, filters, voltage stabilizers, controlled rectifiers. Check the thyristors in circuits 100 4 Select suitable battery for specified application. Identify different parts of storage batteries, cells i.e. Plates, Electrolyte, container. Bottom grooved support blocks, Connecting bar, Terminal/Pillar, Vent plug/Filler caps, External connecting strip 100 4 Test the battery for specific gravity, terminal voltage by High rate discharge tester, capacity etc. 100 4 Prepare electrolyte for battery. 80 4 Top up the battery with distilled water, clean the terminals & vent plug. 100 4 Inspect the container of batteries for leakage, cracks and sediment. 100 4 Charge and discharge the battery with specified charging and discharging currents. 100 4 Charge battery by use of fast charger 100 4 Overhaul batteries by removing acid, removing scaling pitch with gas torch, remove plates from container, inspect parts, clean, replace the defective parts& reassemble. 100 4 Measure the internal resistance & capacity of cell. 100 4 Test the battery for charging status. 100 4 Dismantle Ni-Cd Batteries & Assembling of the same. 100 4 Connect the power and control wiring of Diesel Generating set. Troubleshoot, repair and maintain the diesel engine coupled alternator and switchgear. 100 4 Connect & test the power supply changeover switches of single or three phase supplies in manual or automatic mode of operation. 100 4 Maintain the Solar cells by voltage tests, schedules inspections of terminal connections and operate other non-conventional energy generation system. 100 4 Total (Block-I) 2080 4 Basic Training, internal assessment and Examination 500 4 Total 2580 4
- Formal structure of the qualification